Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 07:45 PM

192 posts, read 322,198 times

Advertisements

I sure do as well as putting on a pair of socks, is that weird? I just hate to be cold and even in Florida where we really don't have winter, I still feel a bit of a chill at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 08:03 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Perhaps he's wondering what people wear to bed in the hot summer to keep cool if they dont run the AC. Regardless, it may not have much to do with fashion/beauty but its an innocent topic. Besides, where else would it go?
Weather? Certainly not here.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:03 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Quote:
Perhaps he's wondering what people wear to bed in the hot summer to keep cool if they dont run the AC. Regardless, it may not have much to do with fashion/beauty but its an innocent topic. Besides, where else would it go?
For me, it all depends on what I wear to bed.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Weather? Certainly not here.
  1. Weather forum members hate talking about what they do in bed.
  2. There will also be lots of unwanted bickering and disagreement.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:14 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
The additional problem is that when I do feel hot, dad prohibits me from taking my shirt off. So I end up wearing tanks just to stay cool .
Your dad dictates what pajamas you wear in the privacy of your own room? that's odd.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Your dad dictates what pajamas you wear in the privacy of your own room? that's odd.
Yes, its stupid and annoying. At the age of 21, I am not permitted to wear what I want. That was the driving force behind me starting this thread, after having an argument with dad.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:19 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,687,436 times
Quote:
Yes, its stupid and annoying. At the age of 21, I am not permitted to wear what I want. That was the driving force behind me starting this thread, after having an argument with dad.
At the age of 18 i was permitted to move out

Old 04-13-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
At the age of 18 i was permitted to move out
I don't have a job yet. However, I am actively looking for a summer internship.

I will be moving deep down south for graduate school anyways.

Really hope I get a good job and am able to support myself well after grad school. I cant hang on like this any longer.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:54 AM

670 posts, read 1,044,552 times
Default Sleeping with Blanket

Quote:
Do you sleep without a blanket when its hot.

Spoiler
Its supposed to touch the low 80's here tomorrow with 60+ dew points, and I am NOT looking forward to sweating at night .
No blankets for me when it is hot. I'm hot-blooded enough. I do like a cotton sheet over me in hot whether though.

The weather you're having sounds almost miserable to me! Whew!

Old 04-14-2014, 07:07 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,866,731 times
Quote:
I don't have a job yet. However, I am actively looking for a summer internship.

I will be moving deep down south for graduate school anyways.

Really hope I get a good job and am able to support myself well after grad school. I cant hang on like this any longer.
I don't know where you mean by "deep down south" but most southern states are hot. I still remember the first time I visited a good friend in Louisiana. I flew into NO airport which has a set of double doors to the outside. I remember thinking "I've entered Hell." It's a nice place with wonderful people, but I thought I was going to sponteously combust when I got there. It was HOT!

I live in NC now which is also hot but I have the convenience of a community pool and A/C in my house. I was SO confused when I first moved here because all the houses we saw had fireplaces. I couldn't fathom why they would need fireplaces since it doesn't get cold here. I've been here four years now and I've never been cold but I've met many residents who think it is.

I honestly think I might be heat intolerant. I have passed out from heat stroke many times and I keep fans running 24/7 (mine is called "The Wind Machine"). The pollen here is bad this time of year so I just turned the A/C on this past weekend. Autumn and Spring are my favorite seasons...not too hot, not too cold and Autumn in NC is absolutely gorgeous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty