Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 06:02 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,578,453 times

Advertisements

Basically, when would you let your daughter start shopping at VS for sexy undies and the like? Would you be okay with, say a young teen shop at VS or buying sexy clothes? Or do you not really see it as a big deal?

For me, I was pretty strict with her through most of her teen years. When she first asked for thongs at 14 it was a definite no, and while shopping I would not let her buy something that I deemed to risque. Even at 17 no thongs but boy shorts were fine. I personally don't think any girl under 16 should be buying anything to risque but that's just me. I know there are girls super young say 12, 13 that buy thongs/g strings etc. And it just makes me If my daughter wanted things like new bras/panties she would almost always shop at wal mart or target.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 06:17 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,837 times
I have a 12 year old daughter who will turn 13 in November. I have no issue with her getting the cotton briefs from VS, but I wouldn't let her buy any of their other undies. And she isn't allowed to dress "sexy" until she is 18 and buying all of her own stuff/paying her own rent/mortgage.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:24 PM

370 posts, read 624,682 times
I don't think it is ever appropriate for a girl to wear sexy things. A woman is free to dress as sexy or unsexy as she likes, so I go with 18 years old.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:53 PM

240 posts, read 422,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I have a 12 year old daughter who will turn 13 in November. I have no issue with her getting the cotton briefs from VS, but I wouldn't let her buy any of their other undies. And she isn't allowed to dress "sexy" until she is 18 and buying all of her own stuff/paying her own rent/mortgage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by photostoresheila View Post
I don't think it is ever appropriate for a girl to wear sexy things. A woman is free to dress as sexy or unsexy as she likes, so I go with 18 years old.

I agree. Any girl under age 18 should not be wearing anything sexy and that includes underwear.

I sometimes see girls wearing shorts that are so short, they look like boy short panties and in most cases they are with their mother. I don't get it. If I had a daughter, she would dress cute and age appropriate...never sexy.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Basically, when would you let your daughter start shopping at VS for sexy undies and the like? Would you be okay with, say a young teen shop at VS or buying sexy clothes? Or do you not really see it as a big deal?

For me, I was pretty strict with her through most of her teen years. When she first asked for thongs at 14 it was a definite no, and while shopping I would not let her buy something that I deemed to risque. Even at 17 no thongs but boy shorts were fine. I personally don't think any girl under 16 should be buying anything to risque but that's just me. I know there are girls super young say 12, 13 that buy thongs/g strings etc. And it just makes me If my daughter wanted things like new bras/panties she would almost always shop at wal mart or target.
Looks like youve done made up your mind where your kids are concerned but for me id say around 16.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:43 PM

169 posts, read 829,228 times
Luckily I only have a young son at the moment. But, if I ever have a daughter, I wouldn't allow her to go into a place like VS until she was 18 and can buy it herself. Girls and teens have enough pressure to feel/look sexy. I wouldn't support my daughter making that a priority.

When shopping at VS a few months back a mom was bra shopping for her daughter who was about 10... I'd love to know what these women are thinking! I could only hope and assume she wasn't buying her a push up bra LOL! Even if she was going for the "pink" line, that's supposedly targeted at college age women.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:30 PM

532 posts, read 550,221 times
I'm flexible on the issue.

I had a 1911 .45 when I was 13.

"Panties" are a easy adjustment.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:36 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
If I had a daughter ... 40.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:47 PM

532 posts, read 550,221 times
Depends what she wants them for also. I have to meet these kids first. I can smell a creep a mile away as well. Most cases she probably wants them to "fit in" and be popular with the other girls. I don't have a problem with that in of itself.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:48 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
If I had a daughter ... 40.
Yeah, I'm thinking around 40 too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty