Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 07:30 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,272,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I unintentionally do. I'll find looking in my closet a lot of black and white for the winter, navy for the summer.
Same here--I've even intentionally tried to branch out but I come back to the same colors. I currently wear mainly black and blue (different shades), and occasionally teal. I also have some brown and berry T-shirts.

There is definitely no orange, yellow or lime green in my closet; I don't like how I look or feel in those colors.

While I do like lavender and light grey, I look rather sick in those colors so I stick with purple or charcoal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 07:32 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,787 times
Black, grey, white. It just always goes!

Old 01-18-2015, 09:28 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,957,978 times
I wear black and beige/white, but my winter coat is bright red.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:05 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,993,376 times
No but I do veer towards black, blue and gray for dressy and usually for casual. Always chic and classy and slimming

I avoid green, pink, white, yellow and orange because I don't think they look nice on my skintone and fit my personality. I'm ablinat towards red but do have some red. Pinks are hard to find in my closet. Baby and hot are just after I made it over 18.

If I have color in my wardrobe in say a blouse the base color is usually black, gray or blue and then there's a design or "color" but it's essentially a "black" blouse or blue or gray.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:45 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
I like dark colors.

Dark clothes require less rigorous laundering, thus, they last longer.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:11 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,323,563 times
I used to travel for work and I totally did that to keep the luggage down. For me it was black and camel/taupe/beige. I think it's a combination that's professional and looks rich. A good-quality, well-cut black suit with both a skirt and pants, camel pants and camel sweater-jacket, a couple of tops in those two colors and a couple in prints (leopard works with both colors). Add flat black shoes and black heels, boots in winter, some gold jewelry, and a couple of nice silk scarves (a Burberry-type print works with black or camel). If you might have to go to a fancy dinner make one of the scarves a sparkly one and if you crave color make some of your accessories an orangish-red. You can go for a month with that combo and it all fits in one suitcase, not even a big one if you wear some of it on the plane. Works with a taupe raincoat or a black winter coat. If you might need a hat, take a beret — it's extra padding in your laptop sleeve.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:59 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Wondering if anyone else here buys clothing in just 2 different colors that go together (ie., black & white) with maybe an occasional accent color piece so everything goes together? In the 1980s they called this the "capsule concept".
Sounds like what I just read in an Anna Pigeon book where out of Park Ranger uniform, her clothes were still green and brown.

That said, sort of but not really. Given Texas heat, I reserve my black jeans, my navy tactical shirts for winter and my light jeans, my khaki and forest tactical shirts for other months.

But my tees are any shade and often fall more into what theme I am doing at the time. Ie, if I'm teaching scuba, I wear dive or marine biology or vacation beach or LE type tees while if I'm dancing then I try to have on an art or festive or dance tee........

..........assuming that I "can" (being in a wet suit can preempt that).

Old 01-19-2015, 09:00 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,832,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Most of my pants are black. I wear a variety of tops, but almost always with black pants. I must have 5 or 6 pair of black pants.
You must not have cats

Old 01-19-2015, 11:55 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,863 times
I am like a lot of others and have a lot of black. But I will wear bright tops, just not anything in pastel colors.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:14 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
I can totally understand that for travel it's great. I've done it myself - it's very....efficient.

In my everyday "real" life? Not for me. I like variety and to not always be predictable. Same with decorating my home - I can like something - even if it isn't part of the "planned decor" or doesn't have a specified purpose. Sometimes that "one off" is my favorite thing. I don't want "she was efficient" to be on my tombstone. I'm maybe a little too right-brained to be happy with that.

I can see the benefit of it being easier and less to deal with - I guess it depends on whether the trade off is worth it. To me, no -but others might well find it a worthwhile endeavor.

Last edited by maciesmom; 01-19-2015 at 12:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty