Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 09:23 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,666 times

Advertisements

Why don't more men get hair transplants you ask...maybe because they actually like being bald. And many women actually love men with this look. Not saying a man should do it just because the opposite sex likes it but hey...if it is low maintenance and women find it sexy....why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 02:48 AM

60 posts, read 56,550 times
Don't know if this was said before but...

1)Early in life I was told. Ya cant grow grass on a busy street!! ( the very wise will know this)

2)Later on, I heard women see that bald head as a sense of security..

Old 09-02-2016, 09:46 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,823 times
I recall seeing an episode of Penn and Teller's BS where they were talking about different methods of hair rejuvenation. They had one guy do the hair transplant, one that used one of those laser hairbrushes, and one that used Rogaine or Minoxidil, do not remember which. They all had dubious efficacy. The hair transplant looked like it would be very painful. A baseball cap or a razor plus some well-groomed facial hair is more cost-effective and looks just fine.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:02 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I don't know why any get hair transplants as it doesn't look natural and makes their whole look "off". Embrace!

Old 09-02-2016, 12:08 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I recall seeing an episode of Penn and Teller's BS where they were talking about different methods of hair rejuvenation. They had one guy do the hair transplant, one that used one of those laser hairbrushes, and one that used Rogaine or Minoxidil, do not remember which. They all had dubious efficacy. The hair transplant looked like it would be very painful. A baseball cap or a razor plus some well-groomed facial hair is more cost-effective and looks just fine.
A baseball cap does not look right on a grown man, outside of a few settings. You know many men have lousy facial hair, don't you?

Rogaine is generic minoxidil, and right, it isn't typically definitively helpful.

I heard that one type of transplant is about painless - and, guess what, if surgery is going to be beneficial (cosmetically or medically), pain is almost irrelevant.

Last edited by goodheathen; 09-02-2016 at 01:15 PM..

Old 09-02-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't know why any get hair transplants as it doesn't look natural and makes their whole look "off". Embrace!
You forgot a word at the end - "unattractive."

"Embrace unattractive." Because that's usually the result. I looked through a batch of celebrity transplant results (some admitted). Results were mixed - some were bad, some were slightly unnatural, some looked quite good. Maybe the typical result for a patient is slightly unnatural. Most people would take that over looking unattractive.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:49 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Right now, I can "comb my hair" with a washcloth.
I can not think of any good reason to get hair transplants.
It is gone, except for a fringe around the sides and back which I get trimmed short every three months or so.
I always hated shaving, so now that I am retired, I do not do it. EVER!
Therefore, I have a full beard, which I also get trimmed short every three months or so.
Shaving my head is absolutely out of the question, it just ain't gonna happen!
I have a collection of baseball caps, and I wear one every day. In fact, I have one on right now.
Anybody who does not like my bald head, my beard, or my cap can JUST. GO. AWAY.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:02 PM

You don't sound happy with it, judging by things like probably wearing a cap indoors. But I only object to the baseball cap - an old guy can wear a flat cap or something else adult-like without looking like a hipster or something. At that age and with so much hair loss, I agree there's no reason to get a hair transplant. I can only think of two people who started getting transplants at 60+. One I think got it for free, to correct very slightly hair loss; the other is a woman, and I think hair loss at any point in adulthood is more distressing to female sufferers.

I hope that doesn't come with an attitude that no one else should get a transplant. To each his own. It would be screwed-up if some people object to what others do because it's not a good option for them.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:57 AM

I'm posting this not because the bald look usually works (as the site claims), but because of the comments beneath the article. The sheer misery hair loss causes some people. If someone is convinced he looks bad bald, it's cruel to tell him to not consider hair transplantation (unless he is too far gone or something else).
BALD ATTRACTION

Old 09-07-2016, 11:17 PM

20 posts, read 15,516 times
In a few years I will be a NW7, still not sure if I want to get a transplant since it will have to cover the entire balding region (top of the head/crown area)

How much will this cost and is it doable? Honestly, the transplants I've seen lately with celebrities (Brady, Travolta) look pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty