Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocopsonite View Post
I had never heard of BB cream either! Thanks for educating me!

I'm so intrigued, I've made a new post asking for advice on a product that would be good for me. It's here: //www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post40033937

Thanks in advance for your advice.
I answered your other thread, but I wanted to add that another thing I love about BB cream is that it is a moisturizer, so I don't have to put on a moisturizer under it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 08:47 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I got to the gym directly after work. Literally could not care less if a boy (because a man wouldn't care) is squeamish that my mascara is running.
It's just gonna add to the discomfort and you might be less motivated to push till failure. Wipe it off beforehand. I usually wash my face in ice cold water at the lockers before hitting the gym. You will feel more refreshed.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:24 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Depends. If I'm going to be outside and it's hot outside then I put on moisturizer with spf 30, dust with translucent powder and clear lip gloss. Sometimes I'll give a swipe of mascara.

If I'll be in the a/c then I wear tinted moisturizer, bronzer and translucent powder with tinted lip gloss and mascara. Sometimes I'll use a light colored eyeshadow as well.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:48 PM

23 posts, read 25,734 times
Very little or no make-up.. may be some sunscreen lotion if going out it sun and sunglasses

Old 06-17-2015, 11:01 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm nowhere near 50, but I definitely feel that less is more is required as skin ages, and that skin care goes a lot further than skin camouflage. At most, I'll use a dusting of translucent powder over my colorless moisturizer if any skin-tone evening is necessary. Even tinted moisturizer is too masklike for me. I have very pale, porcelain skin, and even the lightest commercial tints are too dark and unnatural looking. Every BB cream I've ever tried has been too dark, and too heavy-feeling. Traditional foundation, ugh, forget it. Might as well be putting frosting or spackle on my skin. I can't tolerate the feel whatsoever.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who felt this way.
I usually only put concealer or light powder foundation on because everything else feels like a mask and just sits on my skin/rubs off on everything. On a daily basis, I just wear liquid spf and then matify it with some powder.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:43 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Yep. I can't stand touching my face, and having tinted cosmetics come off on my fingertips. It gives me the willies, like nails on a chalkboard. Naked face, please.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:59 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Yep. I can't stand touching my face, and having tinted cosmetics come off on my fingertips. It gives me the willies, like nails on a chalkboard. Naked face, please.
I hate it when stuff rubs off on my cell phone.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:03 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Yeah, I have become the same way for years now. As mentioned, I lived in Florida, live a very active lifestyle and also perspire more than the average woman. I just cannot have anything tinted on my face EXCEPT for a few dabs of concealer to blend in a few imperfections and occasionally a dab of gel blush, which does not come off easily on anything. So much easier that way. I have pretty good skin for my age and a golden tan anyway so don't really need any type of base.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:26 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
One piece of advice ladies. Please don't wear makeup to the squat rack. It just looks silly.

Seriously, I ain't looking unless it's over 90 lb.
Thanks for the advice. It must be horrible to have to "eye stalk" a woman who is not aesthetically pleasing to you while you are working out. The inhumanity!

Old 06-22-2015, 10:36 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,692,335 times
I rarely wear foundation in summer. I normally have enough color to go without, just a face powder. Waterproof mascara, eyeliner and maybe a bronze eyeshadow. I love summer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty