Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 10:24 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
It's at least presumably winter when you're wearing it, and it can be pulled up to cover your face outside.

You own a "scawl," don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 04:41 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
It's at least presumably winter when you're wearing it, and it can be pulled up to cover your face outside.

You own a "scawl," don't you?
So our scarves okay with you when worn in the winter?

Old 09-25-2015, 07:16 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So our scarves okay with you when worn in the winter?
Because heaven forbid we cause anyone any stress or discomfort when we're wearing our scarves. I mean, it could happen, right? And that would be...bad, I guess?

(I only have one "infinity scarf" out of probably 40 scarves and shawls, and it's actually a cold weather scarf that DOES keep me warm, but this whole thread is making me want to run out and buy about 10 infinity scarves and wear them with impunity ALL YEAR LONG!)

Old 09-26-2015, 06:06 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
It's the sheeple mentality that bothers me. 9 out of 10 scawl wearers probably -- deep down -- think the trend is as stupid as I do (because, let's face it, IT IS), but "everybody's wearing them"...

Old 09-26-2015, 07:30 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
It's the sheeple mentality that bothers me. 9 out of 10 scawl wearers probably -- deep down -- think the trend is as stupid as I do (because, let's face it, IT IS), but "everybody's wearing them"...
That doesn't even make any sense. Of course there are trends, but people dress how they feel comfortable. If they don't like skinny jeans, then they're not going to go out and buy a bunch of skinny jeans. Your fixation on scarves is getting a bit odd. It's just a scarf. If you don't want to wear it, don't. I always feel pulled together when I'm wearing a scarf, not because I'm a sheeple blindly following trends.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:46 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
I have seen a lot of people wearing them in the summer with just a t-shirt.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:10 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It is if you don't like to wear your traditional scarf in that fashion. See, that's the thing. There are many ways to wear my long scarves. But I don't like wearing them completely wrapped around my neck so that it looks like your photo. I don't like that look. Many other don't like that look. Those that do, can also wear the infinity scarves. I like my scarves hanging down - I like the fringe ends...I love THAT look.

THIS look.
RunwayDaily.com: A-list Accessory: The Long Scarf

Not sure why that is so hard to understand.
I like that style, too, but mostly because it's the only scarf style that actually looks good on me. I do like the wrap around lots of fabric look, but just can't pull it off.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:14 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Quote:
"Scarves make more sense than ties. Or nylons. Or 5 inch heels."

A functional scarf, yes, but not these. Ties signify formality, nylons hide flaws and add warmth, and heels define the calf and attract men. These scarves? Baffled!
My husband purchased an infinity scarf for me a couple of years ago. It's knit. I wear it over my winter coat when I know I'm going to be walking in the cold a lot. It's quite functional.

Since I work at home, I also began wearing it in the house last winter while working at the computer. I wore it as kind of as a cross between a scarf and an extra layer over my shoulders which is where I tend to become chilled. Again--very functional for me.

To each his/her own.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:04 AM

15,864 posts, read 21,441,250 times
I live in Boston and own a half dozen infinity scarves and at least a dozen more scarves aside from that. Totally functional and necessary. Infinity scarves are less fuss than regular scarves to wear indoors.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:30 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
Scarfs are dying out here, but It's a fashion trend. Trends will always exist. There doesn't need to a "purpose". There's no purpose for my earrings, but I like them, so I wear them.
The only time I wear an infinity scarf is with my jackets in the winter. It's cold and I hate being cold and they are thick and warm. I do wear other scarfs for fashion purposes though as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty