Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 08:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not as an actual blanket, literally. But flat, wrapped around my shoulders and draped down my front, they are far warmer than any infinity scarf. And they certainly don't look like I have a wreath hanging around my neck.
Just like scarves, infinity scarves are made from all different materials. Some may not keep you very warm, but others will. And they certainly don't look like a wreath hanging around anyone's neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 08:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
But what do you need them for? I'm genuinely trying to understand this phenomenon.
For warmth, to accessorize an outfit, to add modesty to a revealing shirt... There are all sorts of needs for scarves.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:58 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,942 times
Infinity scarves are nice. There is little difference between looping a regular scarf around your neck twice and an infinity scarf, except you don't have your infinity one slipping around all day. I don't understand why infinity scarves are "out" or looked down upon.

They keep my neck warm from overhead air conditioner vents. If I'm wanting to hide swollen hormonal boobs or NHOs then scarves are perfect.

They allow me to wear my favorite white tees and still bring a splash of color and style to a bland outfit without much effort. (I literally wore khakis and a white tee to work the other day with a scarf--viola--business casual.) I have a small collection in different colors and always get compliments about the color and stylishness of scarves.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:31 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Just like scarves, infinity scarves are made from all different materials. Some may not keep you very warm, but others will. And they certainly don't look like a wreath hanging around anyone's neck.
I don't see how they don't. They look like an exaggerated version of a cowl neck sweater without the sweater part i.e. the garment version of a wreath.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:43 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,059,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
For warmth, to accessorize an outfit, to add modesty to a revealing shirt... There are all sorts of needs for scarves.
Plus trying to cover up flabby necks.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:37 AM

45 posts, read 83,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGirl815 View Post
I personally cant stand wearing scarves. I grew up most of my life in Michigan and rarely wore a winter coat, I'd usually just wear a fleece jacket and gloves. I just hate feeling bundled up with a million layers of heavy clothing and scarves make me feel claustrophobic. I dont like things around my neck that are so big and bulky.
Wow, I completely agree. Although I did wear coats in Michigan, for me scarves seems to just get in the way.

Just looking at those thick scarves people wrap around and around makes me feel claustrophobic! To each their own though.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:48 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
"I don't understand why this is such a problem. People wear all kinds of things to express themselves and make a statement. "

Oh, I get it; EVERYONE is suddenly wearing a swag around her (in some cases, his) neck to tell the world, "I am a fashion rebel!"

Old 09-24-2015, 09:36 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Now you are being ridiculous. I think we've covered scarf thing. No need to be intentionally obtuse.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:57 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
You guys are soo funny ,now can we kiss and make up?
Well may be not kiss.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:10 AM

88,613 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Preppie and pretentious.
I'm with you on that one, Dew! When my daughter was small and had concerts on a weeknight, I would rush home, change from my office disguise into comfortable clothing, and head up to the school. Some of the SAHMs would be dressed up, hair done, fresh makeup, tottering on high heels with nice ironed slacks and the ubiquitous sweater sleeves tied around their shoulders. I thought they looked silly for a weeknight school event, but then I realized that this must be like a night out for them or something. Never understood that weird sweater thing, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty