Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
If you scan all my posts I doubt you'll find me mentioning beards anywhere else in any capacity.

I only said something here because you took the time to make a post about it.
Hell, the only reason I'm even in this shallow sub forum is because it showed up in the active threads box.

I have a beard, not because I am insecure, but because shaving is a waste of time and money. I don't need to prove anything or over compensate for anything. I'm a mammal. I grow hair. There's nothing special about it.

Now, I'll leave you to your superficial nonsense. I'll be somewhere else discussing things of actual importance.
My free testosterone is higher than 99% of men based on my blood work. My jawline is very sharp. I can't grow a beard and honestly don't know how hair could grow along my jawline since its so bony. A beard indicates that hair follicles are sensitive enough to testosterone. Its a genetic factor. Asians are no less manly due to a lack of hair. The best indicator of high T is not body hair. It is leanness and muscularity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2022, 07:18 PM

13,073 posts, read 9,598,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
IDK....he may be on to something. I can't think of any CEOs, FSOs or any major position in the corporate ladder for any major corporations that have beards. Now granted, there may be some, but I think it is a rarity.
Donald Trump, Jr.

Old 04-17-2022, 10:21 PM

6,480 posts, read 4,013,885 times
We do know that this thread is five years old, right?

Old 04-18-2022, 01:58 AM

102,255 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
We do know that this thread is five years old, right?
A new member joining just had to resurrect it, to tell us Asian men are "masculine" too.

DOOD! The Mongols already proved that back in the 13th Century. They took over nearly the entire known world! Well, except for Japan. They had a little trouble handling boats. It wasn't their area of expertise. Otherwise, yeah, nobody questioned their masculinity. Good grief!

Old 04-18-2022, 07:10 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,721,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mideto View Post
Many men say that they look better with a beard. If you look better with a beard, then I'm sorry, but it means you are ugly. The beard is covering imperfections in your face, such as double chin, recessive chin, weak jaw, scars, acne spots, fat cheeks, etc. You're basically saying "I look better with a third of my face covered"
Not shaving one's face is not fundamentally different than not shaving ones head. You just don't like. And it's profoundly self-absorbed to confuse what you happen to like with what is objectively better.

It's not all about you and what you want.

Old 04-18-2022, 07:23 AM

21 posts, read 18,699 times
And I support this fashion, which has been successfully established among men for more than 5 years. To some, she suits so much that without her she would never even pay attention to this person.

Old 04-18-2022, 08:40 AM

2,123 posts, read 1,470,388 times
Speaking of beards, have you guys ever heard of Giga Chad? I heard that term and googled it. This is some model in Russia that people have shopped/digitalized into the perfect man. An '11'. So he has a perfect body, a perfect face and most of all a perfect beard covering a sharp, chiseled, perfect jawline. On several representations, he has that same curved (around the cheekbones), thick, jawline hugging beard.

I guess there are young men that hate him and think they have to live up to his image. That - I think is great payback since as young girls we were always pressured to be like the latest fashion model. I starved myself in high school to be a waif.

But when I looked at this character, he looks rather freaky to me. His body looks like a robotic insect (and I am a serious workout person). Just too perfect and "out there." I know I would never be perfect enough for a perfect person like that nor would I be interested in having to feel the pressure of dating the perfect human. But it is pretty fascinating.

Old 04-18-2022, 08:49 AM

102,255 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Speaking of beards, have you guys ever heard of Giga Chad? I heard that term and googled it. This is some model in Russia that people have shopped/digitalized into the perfect man. An '11'. So he has a perfect body, a perfect face and most of all a perfect beard covering a sharp, chiseled, perfect jawline. On several representations, he has that same curved (around the cheekbones), thick, jawline hugging beard.

I guess there are young men that hate him and think they have to live up to his image. That - I think is great payback since as young girls we were always pressured to be like the latest fashion model. I starved myself in high school to be a waif.

But when I looked at this character, he looks rather freaky to me. His body looks like a robotic insect (and I am a serious workout person). Just too perfect and "out there." I know I would never be perfect enough for a perfect person like that nor would I be interested in having to feel the pressure of dating the perfect human. But it is pretty fascinating.
I've always wondered how boys reacted to the perfect male bodies depicted in superhero comics. Did that affect their self-esteem? Did it subconsciously program them to believe they had to achieve that in their teens and beyond, leaving them demoralized when it didn't happen? Did it cause some to knock themselves out at the gym and get into nutritional supplements to try to make it happen? I knew a teen guy who brought his nutritional supplement powder to summer camp with him, and was always talking about what the ingredients could do for muscle building. But for his efforts, he was still a skinny guy.

Old 04-18-2022, 08:59 AM

2,123 posts, read 1,470,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've always wondered how boys reacted to the perfect male bodies depicted in superhero comics. Did that affect their self-esteem? Did it subconsciously program them to believe they had to achieve that in their teens and beyond, leaving them demoralized when it didn't happen? Did it cause some to knock themselves out at the gym and get into nutritional supplements to try to make it happen? I knew a teen guy who brought his nutritional supplement powder to summer camp with him, and was always talking about what the ingredients could do for muscle building. But for his efforts, he was still a skinny guy.
That is a very interesting viewpoint. When I looked at comics as a young person, I never really viewed it that way. I, as a female, was more concerned that I fit the "model" imagine of the teen magazines then. Teen Vogue, Seventeen, etc.

But you are right. It is interesting that they probably do compare themselves to these images.

There is a whole subculture of young men that came up with the Giga Chad. Then there are Chads and Chad lights. These are the handsome guys. If you are interested in people studies, that is one of the interesting ones I came on to. Not sure why the beard is a big deal for the Chads....

Old 04-18-2022, 09:43 AM

16,429 posts, read 12,560,874 times
I just googled Giga Chad. That's a big old "NO" from me. I don't find him attractive at all. Robotic insect is a really good way to describe him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty