Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 03:26 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times

Advertisements

I wear the same shoes every day when I wear shoes and have for years.
So what, they are comfortable and I like them.
I have never paid much attention to the *experts* with anything fashion related.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 04:29 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,515,638 times
I have not ever heard this, either. I sometimes wear the same shoes a few days in a row, and sometimes I don't. I buy shoes that are medium-priced and comfortable because I'm on my feet a lot.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:22 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,244,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
What do you mean, they wear out faster if you wear them every day? Of course they do. Let's say you have one pair of shoes, wear them every day, and they last a year. Then if you have two pairs and alternate them, both pairs together last two years. Where does the advantage come in?

I'm also pretty sure it doesn't take an entire day off for my shoes to "dry out" from normal wear. If I was wading in a stream, then yes. But this is a dry climate and my shoes are never that damp. I mean, isn't one of the points of wearing socks to absorb the majority of sweat from your feet?
It depends. I like for my shoes to last more than one year. I also liked to have choices when I dressed for work. If you need special safety shoes for work, then I think one pair would do, if it were really comfortable. But I never had much luck wearing only one pair throughout a season. My feet were more comfortable if I had two or three pairs to wear in a season.

But if you have a pair of really nice shoes that you really like, I think alternating makes a lot of sense. You get to enjoy them for longer.

The major exception to this is a pair of Keen Presidios that I wore so much last winter! I am seriously thinking of buying the same shoe in a different color, so I won't totally wear out the pair I have now. These are the most comfortable pair of shoes I've had in many years. So, I treasure them. I imagine that even if I buy a duplicate pair, they will not be as comfortable. I don't know why this would be, but I have a hard time finding truly comfortable shoes.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:01 PM

461 posts, read 510,868 times
A few years back when I didn't have two dimes to rub together, I wore the same shoes day in and out for years. Never had a problem and they weren't top of the line. Now I have more money and I have to dress up for work everyday. I invested in more expensive,comfortable shoes to rotate out for a different look and to give my feet a break from the same shoe. I noticed that even though the shoes were comfortable some gave me callouses if I wore them too often in a row. Hubby and grown children both wear the same shoes day in day out. Haven't noticed any complaints of issues from them.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:10 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,720,660 times
I have seen this trend last few years, my siblings are all on it. But I wear my shoe to death. I don't think of shoe as part of an outfit. I don't change it to match. I have 1 black pair of shoe that I wear everyday until it dies. sometimes if the mood strikes, I might switch it up and wear sneaker. But I have 1 silver sneaker that I wear until that dies. I have 1 fancier work shoe for fancy meetings and I have had it for 5 years. It doesn't get much use.

For party wear and high heels I do have several to match outfits & comfort level I am willing to sacrifice. those last long time because they don't get much use out of me.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:15 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,931,705 times
I have heard a woman. Well man too if they are so inclined are not supposed to wear the same bra every day. Some thing about they will start sagging faster. The bra not boobs. This kind of makes sense because we all know how jeans stretch out after wearing them a day or two. Just not buying it on the shoes.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:49 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,061,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I wear the same shoes every day when I wear shoes and have for years.
So what, they are comfortable and I like them.
I have never paid much attention to the *experts* with anything fashion related.
This is discussion is not about fashion, it's about shoe care to get the most foot/leg protection possible from your shoes. Otherwise go barefoot all the time........

Old 09-06-2017, 05:08 PM

2,467 posts, read 2,498,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
What a bunch of silliness. I wear the same pair of shoes every day until they wear-out. Then I buy a new pair.
Socks too?

Old 09-06-2017, 06:11 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,370,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
What a bunch of silliness. I wear the same pair of shoes every day until they wear-out. Then I buy a new pair.
Same here. In my almost 40yrs. existence, I've always bought 1 pair of high quality shoes at a time and wore then until they were worn out.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:42 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,061,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Same here. In my almost 40yrs. existence, I've always bought 1 pair of high quality shoes at a time and wore then until they were worn out.
How did you determine that the shoes were "worn out"?? Holes in them or tears in them? What?

News flash my friend. When shoes are worn out they stop supporting your feet, legs, and back forcing your body to take up the slack. Had pain in those places in the last few years??

Yep, it's worn out shoes that are NOT helping you anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty