Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:03 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,486 times

Advertisements

It seems like there is an onslaught of articles indicating that wearing the same shoes two days in a row is bad for you and reduces longevity of shoes, but is this just clever marketing? If everyone went out and bought two pairs instead of one every shoemaker and retailer just doubled their profits.

I recently bought 3 pairs of converse shoes (black, blue, and red) so now if I want to wear black converse two days in a row I should go out and buy another pair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 09:28 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,762,507 times
Wearing the same footwear too many days in a row (two or more IMO) can: a) eventually make the shoes smell b) wear the soles and heels out more quickly c) bore the wearer to death every time he looks at his own feet. Take your pick.

Of course if you can only afford one or two pairs, that's different story.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:32 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,055,110 times
Always own at least two pair of shoes to allow you to wear one pair then wear the other next to alternate your shoes so that you NEVER wear the same pair two days in a row.

Why??

Your shoes need time to dry out from the sweat from your feet each day. They will last longer, support your feet, legs and lower back better. To not rotate your shoes in this manner will soon wear your shoes to do nothing more then keep your feet clean. A tired worn out shoe is the worst thing you can own.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:53 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
if you wear two pairs of shoes, it lasts twice as long , or use same one, buy another when it wears out and still get the same longevity

if you buy seven pairs for each day of week, you can really make them last

Old 08-30-2017, 10:05 PM

146 posts, read 77,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
It seems like there is an onslaught of articles indicating that wearing the same shoes two days in a row is bad for you and reduces longevity of shoes, but is this just clever marketing? If everyone went out and bought two pairs instead of one every shoemaker and retailer just doubled their profits.

I recently bought 3 pairs of converse shoes (black, blue, and red) so now if I want to wear black converse two days in a row I should go out and buy another pair?

Pfft. It's just as you said: For the companies to dble their profits with. Folks have leather shoes and other good durable mtl shoes that last a decade. They wear them here and there and for some they wear them all the time.
Think of jobs people have. Like manufacturing, nursing, etc. Im not spending several hundred to thousands of dollars on just shoes buying 5 or more pairs just to change everyday or every few. Some shoes, 1 pair is hundreds of dollars so no that's not feasible for most. not doing all of that.
However if a person wants to alternate like that buy them from the dollar store.
You'll always look fresh.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:31 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaKK View Post
However if a person wants to alternate like that buy them from the dollar store.
You'll always look fresh.
You get what you pay for. I wore cheap shoes for years. I had back pain, foot pain, sore knees.

Invested in a $100 pair of tennis shoes. Awesomeness! Amazing. Felt so great. I replace them every 400-500 miles, and no more pain.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:37 AM

31 posts, read 31,923 times
Lol during the winter I wear the same boots every day for months.

Old 09-01-2017, 03:38 PM

The unseen victim here is your body when you wear the same shoes to work every day. Years of this abuse is one of the main reasons people have foot, leg, knee joint and back trouble as they age.

Your body is forced to absorb the shock of each step each day causing undue wear and tear from your toes to your back. Whereas your shoes should absorb the most of the shock. Your shoes will be "refreshed" after a days rest.

NOTE: This suggestion only applies to quality shoes meant to protect your body unlike cheap shoes that just keep your feet clean.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:04 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
What a bunch of silliness. I wear the same pair of shoes every day until they wear-out. Then I buy a new pair.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
What a bunch of silliness. I wear the same pair of shoes every day until they wear-out. Then I buy a new pair.
How old are you?

You can't be among the middle aged or the senior folks'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty