Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 10:34 PM

255 posts, read 184,158 times

Advertisements

I think men also like hair down too right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 11:02 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
My b/f likes me to wear it up. He likes to see my ears and the nape of my neck. Lol

Old 07-26-2018, 11:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Some men love the librarian look. Your hair must have looked very nice, don’t listen to your friend.
Not all buns are created equal.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:14 AM

876 posts, read 813,950 times
I love a tight bun. Some women look very nice with hair slicked back and a bun. It's a polished look.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:53 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,198,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
But a lot of the bun style that are trendy lately are very pretty and don't look librarian at all. I guess it looked nice, since it got me noticed. I just wasn't aware that buns are universally hated by men.

You've answered your own question. The traditional back-of-the-head bun tended make even young women look a bit severe, so it was'is not a pleasant look.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:30 AM

18,530 posts, read 18,761,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
My b/f likes me to wear it up. He likes to see my ears and the nape of my neck. Lol
I think many folk like nice necks and not enough attention given to them. Katy and Meghan rock the look.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:49 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybe View Post

Most men I am friends with and myself really hate it when women where their hair "up" in any form or pulled back.

Very few women have the right face to pull this off, and even if they do, they still look sexier and more attractive with it hanging down.
Just my opinion.

Just as an additional comment women getting married always seem to want to put their hair up for it, as my wife did. Tip: Your husband would rather see it down.

Of course I've not done a poll on this but I'd bet dollars to donuts that at least 75% of men would agree with me on this.

By the way, the OP asked if men like it, not if women have the right to wear a bun or etc. I am just answering the question. I would not tell a woman she can't wear her hair how she wants. But if she is looking to attract men my advice would be, "wear it down". And if my wife wore it in a bun or pony tail a lot I'd tell her I wasn't a fan of it.
I agree with you that it's not usually the prettiest look. I think hair falling around the face is more attractive.

However, HEAT is the reason many women put their hair up. Having hair on your neck and shoulders on a hot humid day is sheer torture if you are at all sensitive to heat.

It's like trying to wear a fur coat in summer, except you're wearing it on your neck.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:36 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,639,095 times
No, buns are hideous. Like a utilitarian look of not caring about your looks because you have to put your hair up to scrub a toilet or something. It’s not a good look. It’ll remove about 2 points of attractiveness versus flowy curly hair that’s nicely kept.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:50 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
I live in Florida, it's frikken hot here so I wear my hair up a lot. Yes, I am older, but I have a long neck and updos I think look pretty good on me. Interestingly, I have a "bun cover" that is like a plastic spiral with stick with a ball end on it that goes through. I have had it for 30 years. I have gotten hundreds of comments and compliments on it from men and women. I am in my 60s now, mind you, and recently was wearing it while riding my bike and a car with two young men rode up at the stop sign and complimented my hair!! So ladies, if you wear your hair up, I recommend you get yourself a spiral bun cover!

Old 07-27-2018, 09:48 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,443,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I agree with you that it's not usually the prettiest look. I think hair falling around the face is more attractive.

However, HEAT is the reason many women put their hair up. Having hair on your neck and shoulders on a hot humid day is sheer torture if you are at all sensitive to heat.

It's like trying to wear a fur coat in summer, except you're wearing it on your neck.
In the same way that a dude with perfectly manicured but mussed hair with a five o'clock shadow and a white t-shirt is attractive...It take a lot of time to look that messy LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty