Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 10:10 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
fat makes a woman look matronly and older.. dont kid yourself..

Actually it keeps skin taught and reduces or eliminates wrinkles. Skin seems to remain softer too. I think the fat may help keep it moistened. My mother was heavy and she looked 40 when she was 78. It wasn''t until she started losing weight like crazy due to cancer that she actually looked old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 04:24 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
I beg to differ that being fat makes one look older than someone thinner and it especially doesn't make one look matronly or I wouldn't still have men of various ages hitting on my fat old self. Yes, being thinner would be preferable, health wise, but, being thin or fat and still look younger or beyond your years whether you work out or not isn't the deciding factor in many cases. How one dresses, carries themselves and attitude will more often contribute to age appearance a lot more in how they appear to others.

You are kidding yourself if you think your wrinkles will look better on a skinnier pallet, might feel better though. Do I think I would look better thinner, heck yes, younger, no, but, definitely better overall, just not younger. The time for young passed living the best me at 60 now.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:46 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
Review your wardrobe. Are you dressing the same way you did 20 years ago? Do you wear "old lady" clothes?

Check out some Instagram accounts of older women, there are many.

Chic dressing can erase many years.

Wear tinted face cream instead of foundation. Use cream blush and blend it really really well. Go light on the eye make-up, avoid frosted eye shadows as they accentuate wrinkly eyes.

If your eye-lids are hooded, you may have insurance that will pay for an upper eye-lift if your lids restrict vision.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:06 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willistonite View Post
Hair style and color is number one thing I notice. Some women don't update their hair style or color and makes them look drab even if they maybe attractive otherwise.
This is so true ladies. The "wings" and Farrah Fawcett style died out about 40 years ago now, and yet I still see women from my generation (the 70's) that haven't gotten the memo.

Just because you're still wearing the same hairstyle you had when you were 20, doesn't mean you still look 20! You just look "sad". The same goes for the long, graying, earth mother late-in-life hippie ponytail look.

Cut it, style it, and cover that gray with a flattering shade. Forget "gray is beautiful". No it's not. It's just aging.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:52 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I beg to differ that being fat makes one look older than someone thinner and it especially doesn't make one look matronly or I wouldn't still have men of various ages hitting on my fat old self. Yes, being thinner would be preferable, health wise, but, being thin or fat and still look younger or beyond your years whether you work out or not isn't the deciding factor in many cases. How one dresses, carries themselves and attitude will more often contribute to age appearance a lot more in how they appear to others.

You are kidding yourself if you think your wrinkles will look better on a skinnier pallet, might feel better though. Do I think I would look better thinner, heck yes, younger, no, but, definitely better overall, just not younger. The time for young passed living the best me at 60 now.
So true... But mind elaborating further ?

Can older woman rock long haristyle ?

Old 09-28-2018, 07:30 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,330 times
Check out Melissa55 on YouTube (beauty vlogger in her '60s; looks great!):

https://www.youtube.com/user/volmel55

I don't really watch too many of her YouTube videos, but I really love her stories on Instagram. Fun personality; cracks me up sometimes.

Her Instagram: msmelissa55

Old 09-28-2018, 08:16 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
This is so true ladies. The "wings" and Farrah Fawcett style died out about 40 years ago now, and yet I still see women from my generation (the 70's) that haven't gotten the memo.

Just because you're still wearing the same hairstyle you had when you were 20, doesn't mean you still look 20! You just look "sad". The same goes for the long, graying, earth mother late-in-life hippie ponytail look.

Cut it, style it, and cover that gray with a flattering shade. Forget "gray is beautiful". No it's not. It's just aging.
And this is all only your opinion, and many of us will disagree. Natural healthy gray hair is far more beautiful than flat dyed hair which to me is not attractive at all. I see many women in their 60s and older dying their hair and it looks fried, thin and not youthful at all. But I do agree that just wearing that hippie braid/tail (especially with bangs) looks kind of sad.....

Old 09-28-2018, 08:55 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:

I have greys and I have been getting compliments on them since I cut my hair shorter.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:08 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
Check out Melissa55 on YouTube (beauty vlogger in her '60s; looks great!):

https://www.youtube.com/user/volmel55

I don't really watch too many of her YouTube videos, but I really love her stories on Instagram. Fun personality; cracks me up sometimes.

Her Instagram: msmelissa55
Sadly this woman is a huge fibber with her "I've had nothing done!" Nonsense and her camera filters so thick is comical.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:25 AM

5,010 posts, read 592,987 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
And this is all only your opinion, and many of us will disagree. Natural healthy gray hair is far more beautiful than flat dyed hair which to me is not attractive at all. I see many women in their 60s and older dying their hair and it looks fried, thin and not youthful at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have greys and I have been getting compliments on them since I cut my hair shorter.
Hi...early 60's here. I decided to ditch the dye and embrace my gray two years ago.

People actually think I've colored my shiny, heathy-looking silver hair.

But it's just me, being my authentic self.

I feel strong and confident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty