Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 06:07 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,766,820 times

Advertisements

I agree with the sunscreen. Unfortunately, I was a beach comber in my 20's in Florida. My sun damage is here to stay, even though I am careful now. Especially my chest. I have been putting a vitamin c serum on it, seemed to help a little bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 09:41 PM

388 posts, read 474,296 times
Sunscreen on my face and neck every day with a little liquid foundation in it to even skin tones. Looks completely natural.

Get eyelashes and eyebrows tinted. Lasts for 5 - 6 weeks without the irritation of mascara. I still need to use a brow pencil to even out brows and make curves match.

No eye shadow - color just settles in the wrinkle lines.

2 - 3 quarts of water every day. I make certain to drink a quart within 2 hours of getting up. The rest of the day can be hectic and make it tricky to drink enough water.

I use this "better than pumice" stone on my feet 3 times a week
https://www.caswellmassey.com/produc...-pieces#search
Regular pumice stones are too smooth. This stone is a bit grittier and really works.

I'm a writer so I can't keep polish on my fingernails without ugly chipping. But I like polish on my tootsies and choose a non-metallic or non-sparkly color. It takes a super smooth skin complexion to pull off sparkly. (Teenagers and my neighbor does it but I can't.) I take a polish bottle in my favorite color to the salon and bring it home afterward so I can do touch ups.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:00 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Have you tried collagen? That works from the inside out. I like Great Lakes collagen.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:39 AM

136 posts, read 211,095 times
Need a lip primer to prevent feathering. Even when I use light color lipsticks or these large crayon looking lip sticks the color always bleeds. Urban Decay ultimate ozone multipurpose primer pencil is good but the tip breaks off when I store it in my purse and I hate having to sharpen. I also use BITE beauty line and define lip primer. Even when the primer ends up around my lips in addition to on my mouth the lipsticks will remain on my lips only! I always had sparse eyebrows but my daughter says it ages me. Anastasia Beverly hills bros wiz is perfect for me because I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to drawing in eyebrows. Anything I do looks natural even without blending or using stencils or spending a lot of time. For my post menopausal dry hair I only use Alterna hair care caviar anti aging replenishing moisture shampoo and conditioner. In my youth i felt like I needed to switch shampoos every now and then to get good results and I didn't care whether the shampoo and conditioner were the same brand. Not anymore this is The only stuff I use. The Caviar products work with colored hair and just make your hair feel
like it did when you were younger. They are pricey but worth it and you can buy sample sizes to try. I also use the replenishing moisture CC cream which is a leave in hair conditioner called a hair perfector. If you don't want to buy the shampoo conditioner you must buy this cream. My friend who is a hairdresser recently said to me that she found a product that eliminates frizz from her hair (important because we live in FL). Was surprised to learn it was the cream I have been telling her to get for the past 3 years.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:57 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Cant say enough about Avalon rosemary shampoo.a little more expensive but worth it and has most of the bad stuff taken out. gives hair lift and feels and looks much thicker, a great product...

Old 09-03-2018, 07:25 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
If your skin is looking a dull, start using a retinol cream at night and a Vitamin C cream in the morning. I'm a big fan of LaRoche-Posay.

Pink cheeks makes one look younger, so find a natural-looking blush and apply it to the apples of your cheeks.

Unless your hair is very dark, it's time to jettison black mascara, and as far as I'm concerned nobody over the age of 30 should be wearing black eyeliner.

Take excellent care of your teeth, and have them whitened if they're yellowing, but don't go overboard. Chiclet teeth are not a good look.

Use a lip scrub and wear a healing lip balm at night to keep your lips looking plump and youthful.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:50 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
I find hairstyle drastically changes a person's looks and perception of his/her age.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:53 PM

10,900 posts, read 7,393,957 times
Hang around with women who are much older than you.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:54 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,697,086 times
Makeup. Less is better. Women who cake that stuff on look horrible.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:21 PM

35 posts, read 24,056 times
1) Good health above all.
2) Prescription Retin-A and Tazorac (and a good facial sunscreen).
3) Consciously strive to always keep a pleasant expression with (at least slightly) upturned lips. As we age the face naturally settles into downward lines that can look very severe and disapproving, even when we are thinking nothing of the kind.

Last edited by starbound; 09-08-2018 at 01:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty