Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:56 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,436,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Any ideas on some cosmetics that are organic such as eye, lip and cheek stuff?
I use Logona lip-pencils and tick crayons, eye-liner pencil and they also have blush, no chemicals, no animal testing etc. Dr. Hauschka is another brand good brand, but in the US quite pricey. If you have a whole foods near you, they carry those brands.... if not, you can buy them online, just google them. I use only "natural" cosmetics without coal tar dyes, preservatives etc. Why take a risk? Sure the stuff costs a little more, but one of those lip crayons lasts me for year, they last better than regular lipstick, too.

forum rules, please read them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 11:02 AM

874 posts, read 3,679,244 times
This is great!! I also will check out Origins! Pricey..but worth it!

Old 04-13-2008, 04:05 PM

170 posts, read 893,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Any ideas on some cosmetics that are organic such as eye, lip and cheek stuff?
Almost all make-up contains preservatives and chemicals with the exception perhaps of henna and mineral make-up.

Origins, in both the skincare and make-up is not organic.
Lush skincare needs to be refrigerated and has a short expiry date.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:36 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,339,102 times
The only thing I have is some Burts Bees lip gloss and that's supposed to be organic but cannot get the eye stuff anywhere around here. Foundation I don't wear much anymore. It seems like in this day and age, it would be simpler to find cosmetics without all the crap with it.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:38 PM

53 posts, read 214,879 times
I use Ecco Bella Natural Skin Care, Natural Beauty Products | Ecco Bella and Burt's Bees.
I think most of the mineral makeups (at least the high quality brands) are organic or all natural.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:52 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,938,703 times
You can find burts bees at CVS, Target or order it online at drugstore dot com. My CVS carries a huge selection of their cosmetics.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:25 AM

12 posts, read 104,355 times
i think bare minerals is organic???

i use bare minerals and its the best make up Ive EVER used! I love it! you can get it I think at any known department store such as Macys or Nordstrom as well as Sephora or Ulta

Old 07-25-2008, 07:25 PM

342 posts, read 1,831,320 times
Sephora has a great Organic & Natural makeup/skincare selection. I recommend going to to the retail store if you can and try the products to see if you like them. Sephora's my one-stop shop for (most) all my cosmetic needs. Check out their website: Fragrance, Cosmetics & the Finest Facial Skin Care Product Selection at Sephora.com

I like Boscia and Korres skincare, and Bare Escentuals for foundation (I definitely went to the store to get the color matched to my skin before buying). Tarte has great cheek stains and bronzers. L'Occitane has amazing soaps and shea creams too.

For hair I love Phyto (especially Phytojojoba). Also recently tried Lush (http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/i...en_US&dlang=en) and really like their shampoo bars (great for travel!).

Last edited by vemureaux; 07-25-2008 at 07:35 PM..

Old 12-24-2008, 04:09 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,002,157 times
I use Bare Escentuals. Took some practice but I love them, all minerals.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:32 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,089 times
I use Aveda skin care products which are all natural and Bare Escentuals mineral makeup.
The selection of eye makeup colors is absolutely fantastic with Bare Escentuals - it's not cheap, but it is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty