Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 01:26 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
My self esteem is fine thank you and it always has been. I'm totally realistic about my good features and those that are less good. Overall I'm happy with myself.

Wanting to improve the appearance of a body part doesn't mean obsession. In the overall scheme of things as long as they can perform their intended function, my lips aren't really important.

You need to stop assuming that everyone who wants to improve their looks has self esteem or some other type of issues. I also color my hair, wear makeup and choose clothes that are flattering. So what? Nothing wrong with a woman wanting to look her best.
Ita.....I love makeup & accentuating my lips....& my body....to always look & feel my best......

E d i t: but I stay away from elective surgical procedures tho.....

Last edited by TashaPosh; 11-22-2019 at 02:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 02:39 PM

15,844 posts, read 6,547,612 times
As a guy I'll just say I don't like bloated lips on a woman. Jolene Blalock, for example. A natural look is good.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:00 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
LOL. Then you will be in for a surprise when you hit 65 and look in the mirror.
Yes, some people may be surprised and at that time maybe they will change their view/opinion...maybe not.

Quote:
My self esteem is fine thank you and it always has been. I'm totally realistic about my good features and those that are less good. Overall I'm happy with myself.

Wanting to improve the appearance of a body part doesn't mean obsession. In the overall scheme of things as long as they can perform their intended function, my lips aren't really important.

You need to stop assuming that everyone who wants to improve their looks has self esteem or some other type of issues. I also color my hair, wear makeup and choose clothes that are flattering. So what? Nothing wrong with a woman wanting to look her best.
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ita.....I love makeup & accentuating my lips....& my body....to always look & feel my best......

E d i t: but I stay away from elective surgical procedures tho.....
Really, I don't have a problem with my lips being too thin, if anything they were and are a tad on the thick side but imho whatever anyone else decides to do to enhance their appearance (regardless of the body location of such enhancement), it's certainly a matter of different strokes for different folks.

One of my sisters has had several elective surgical procedures to change/enhance/"improve" her body according to what she finds more physically appealing. Definitely not for me as I have had a few non-elective surgeries so to voluntarily have one...no thank you. But I feel whatever my sister does to her body is just fine with me, it's her body and her pain to go through it. I applaud her stamina for such procedures.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:

Wanting to improve the appearance of a body part doesn't mean obsession.

Ita....I just choose not to surgically enhance any part of me......but that’s me....

Old 11-22-2019, 05:58 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I have better stuff to love & do than worry about what my lips will look like in 34 yrs.....

I don’t worry about wrinkles in the future either.....BUT I never heard of anyone worrying about lips...Lol...
Huh? Lip fillers are all the rage nowadays, along with breast and butt enhancement.

We have always been obsessed with lips.....the popularity of lip sticks, lip liners and now fillers are proof of that.

Old 11-22-2019, 06:17 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
LOL. Then you will be in for a surprise when you hit 65 and look in the mirror.
At 66 my lips are just about the only part of my body not showing their age. They are still full, well shaped and a nice dark rose color......for now.

I have never worn lipstick, never needed it. In fact, one time a guy told me I wore too much lipstick..... and I wasn't wearing any.

I would trade my youthful lips for youthful eyes that didn't need glasses or youthful hair that was as thick as it used to be......I could go on and on but I will spare you.

Old 11-22-2019, 08:55 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
This. I've always had thin lips and they are getting thinner. No one can tell I've had filler because my lips are still thin, they're just less thin. They were disappearing without the filler no amount of lip liner was going to change that.
I just bought a new gel lip liner, but it doesn't seem to help much.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:55 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Since you asked: I find Gary Shandling's oversized, puffy lips very unattractive.

Old 11-23-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Huh? Lip fillers are all the rage nowadays, along with breast and butt enhancement.

We have always been obsessed with lips.....the popularity of lip sticks, lip liners and now fillers are proof of that.

Read it all in context....never heard anyone worrying about what their lips would look like in the future when they are 65 yrs old like people worry about wrinkles......

I don’t do fillers....but I do love lipsticks & liners....& have created several video “how tos”......

E d i t: lots of us worry about saggy skin if we were to give birth tho.......& stretch marks....that’s a common worry with wrinkles......but lips? No....I never heard any of my friends worry what their lips will look like when they are 65 laughs....

Last edited by TashaPosh; 11-23-2019 at 09:33 AM..

Old 11-23-2019, 09:17 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
I honestly can't stand the poofy "bee-stung" lips that seem to be everyewhere these days. I was watching the CMA awards and saw MANY overly filled lips. Also lips without a cupid bow, like Angelina Jolie's, creep me out, especially if they are large. I know a guy with lips like that, and when he's talking, I find myself staring at his creepy looking lips. I can't take my eyes away from them, and I mean that not in a good way. I usually don't have much to say about people's looks, I'm more about personality. But that liver-lip look is a dealbreaker for me.

Unfortunately the perfectly nice, ordinary lips I had when younger have thinned down, and turned pale, to a point where if I don't wear lipstick, I look like I have no lips. The are actually the same color as the rest of my face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty