Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 12:12 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times

Advertisements

Most of the patterned clothing is hideous. They made Vermont Country Store clothes look stylish! My granny, if she were alive, wouldn't be caught dead in that stuff. Even the models looked bad.

Most of the clothes have no fabric content listed other than 'soft fabric' or 'breathable fabric' which could be anything. Supima cotton they list because that is the main selling point but very few items listed fabric type. Who edited this catalog?

A few items I liked in the colors shown were not even offered in those colors! Not that they were sold out, they never had those colors in the first place.

Oh well, money saved to buy other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 06:28 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
Yeah... there wasn't too much in the last catalog I got from them to make me want to get anything either.

Old 11-05-2021, 01:35 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,540,646 times
Was that catalog ever a win? It always seems a bit stodgy to me.

Old 11-05-2021, 11:10 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
You see the fabrics online. I buy the pima cotton tees. I can sort for pima cotton and sleeve length online. I barely look at their catalogs. My beef is the length of their knit pants has increased! This creates a major headache for me.

I have bought a couple of tunics, an athletic tee and three or four tees this season. The tees wash well and fit, but seem lighter weight than in previous years. I also bought a quilted jacket and a long cardigan.

Old 11-06-2021, 05:32 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I don’t think I looked at the catalog, but Lands End has certain things that are the main core of my wardrobe. I’d be lost without them.

Their Sport Pants are what I live in, long, cropped, and shorts. It is not the Starfish pants, although they might be good too. They never get baggy, and have just enough stretch to always be comfortable.

Over 10 years ago...maybe 20, they used to sell women’s panties in sizes like clothing. I’m still wearing them. I’ve never found better.

You also cannot beat their basic, one piece bathing suit...Tugless tank.

Like Pilgrim said, I have been frustrated by the lack of availability of something in my size.

I like the cotton tee shirts too. Would I look there for fashion? No.

Old 11-06-2021, 06:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
OK true story time:

A few years ago my husband and I went to Maine on vacation in the fall. We were so excited because we'd be able to go to THE Land's End store. The mother store so to speak. We went with some sweet moolah because we knew it wouldn't be cheap.

We didn't buy a SINGLE THING. For one thing, all their "summer" clothes were already gone and the summer clothes in Maine are more like our winter clothes here in NE Texas. And the winter clothes they had in stock, without exception, from socks to shirts to hats to boots, were all so hot we couldn't imagine wearing a single thread of them in Texas.

So we just took some pictures of the gigantic shoe outside and just left.

Old 11-06-2021, 07:22 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
I do love their canvas totes tho. Def high quality. I've ordered so many over the yrs for dif peeps. When I ordered a few for my grown girls years ago they were both like... eh...... but 12 yrs later and they still look new and the girls are constantly using them for all the kids stuff at different events and trips, etc. And close to Christmas time can almost always get them at half price (the only time I purchase them).

Also, their duck boots are about indestructible. LLBean also has great duck boots but they're about 50% additional cost.

Old 11-06-2021, 07:35 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK true story time:

A few years ago my husband and I went to Maine on vacation in the fall. We were so excited because we'd be able to go to THE Land's End store. The mother store so to speak. We went with some sweet moolah because we knew it wouldn't be cheap.

We didn't buy a SINGLE THING. For one thing, all their "summer" clothes were already gone and the summer clothes in Maine are more like our winter clothes here in NE Texas. And the winter clothes they had in stock, without exception, from socks to shirts to hats to boots, were all so hot we couldn't imagine wearing a single thread of them in Texas.

So we just took some pictures of the gigantic shoe outside and just left.
Are you sure you don’t mean the LL Bean store? I think Lands End is in Wisconsin.

Old 11-06-2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Are you sure you don’t mean the LL Bean store? I think Lands End is in Wisconsin.
I don't know - I think we went to both. This one is in Maine.
https://www.mainetourism.com/listing...gift-shop/935/

It's a big touristy destination. I am sure we went to the LL Bean store too, which also only offered extremely hot clothes.

Overall the clothes were just too hot up there.

I sort of was ready for that because when we visited my daughter in Ohio, even though I brought fur lined boots, apparently they weren't made warm enough for that area and I had to buy some other boots for snow. Augh!

I did find some cute Cole Hahn boots in Maine though.

Old 11-06-2021, 07:48 AM

But it might have been the LL Bean store that we took pictures of the big shoe at. I can't remember, all I remember is that the clothes were all TOO HOT! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty