Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2024, 07:58 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times

Advertisements

Some have nose piercings because we like them for ourselves. If you don't like them that is fine. I did it for me in 1989. In many cultures of the world it has been done for thousands of years, and isn't going away because some person from the west doesn't like it. You do you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 08:00 PM

6,988 posts, read 4,809,652 times
I’m not wild about the look, but there are some that are pretty. I wouldn’t want one for myself, but to each his own.

Old 02-14-2024, 08:45 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I've always wanted a diamond stud in my nose. I never did it and I feel now at almost 48 it would look stupid so I won't
Get an elegant stud in a color/style that you enjoy. Give it 6 months, and see how you feel after that. If you don't like it after that you can always take the ring out, and let it close up. And if you think you made a mistake doing that you can always get it repierced. It's no biggie, just do what suits you. Not anybody else.

I think it would look nice. If you think it would be too flashy then try a more subtle stud to start with. Like a plain metal. Surgical steel is a safe bet. So is Titanium. Or you could have two, and change one out for another if you get bored.

Old 02-15-2024, 04:24 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navage8214 View Post
Is the nose ring trend going away? Not seeing as many women with nose rings as before.
I'm seeing them all over the place, that double nostril piercing (on both sides) is the worst lol

Old 02-15-2024, 05:02 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
The nose ring looks like snot hanging out of their nose, and the stud ones look like a big pimple from a distance. I don’t get the allure.

Old 02-17-2024, 06:50 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,962,433 times
It all comes down to personal preferences for the wearer and also for the person observing the wearer. When I see a nose ring I always think of a bull being pulled around by it and it makes me sad for the bull so the nose ring has a distasteful association, not to mention the snot part of it.

Serious question - does anyone ever see men wearing a nose ring? I've only seen women with nose rings in the middle.

With the nose studs I wonder what would happen if the back of the post comes loose and the wearer inhales it. Sounds like that could be a medical emergency.

Old 02-17-2024, 07:21 AM

11,411 posts, read 5,960,793 times
I hate nose rings. I always want to hook a chain in them and just it drag them around like livestock. But then I hate most modern trends these days, like the proliferation of tattoos.

Old 02-17-2024, 07:31 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
I like a very small stud or very thin wire hoop (up against the nostril). I don't think that looks bad at all.

What I hate are the septum piercings. I don't understand the adornment element of that piercing. I've never seen one that I thought looks attractive on the woman.

Old 02-17-2024, 09:14 AM

3,253 posts, read 1,739,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I like a very small stud or very thin wire hoop (up against the nostril). I don't think that looks bad at all.

What I hate are the septum piercings. I don't understand the adornment element of that piercing. I've never seen one that I thought looks attractive on the woman.
Totally agree. My DIL has one and I find it very distracting and unappealing. But different strokes for different folks I guess.

Old 02-17-2024, 12:20 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
It all comes down to personal preferences for the wearer and also for the person observing the wearer. When I see a nose ring I always think of a bull being pulled around by it and it makes me sad for the bull so the nose ring has a distasteful association, not to mention the snot part of it.

Serious question - does anyone ever see men wearing a nose ring? I've only seen women with nose rings in the middle.

With the nose studs I wonder what would happen if the back of the post comes loose and the wearer inhales it. Sounds like that could be a medical emergency.
Yes, Men do wear jewelry on their noses as well. One of the men that I remember so well wearing a Bull-like ring is Mitch Grassi of the Pentatonix band. I just posted the video Joy To The World in the Music forum. Check it out!

Your thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty