Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2023, 08:30 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,028,840 times

Advertisements

I agree with BigRedBeth, gotta wear the right top over leggings...especially at my age late 60s.
Leggings are here to stay and personally I like them a LOT although agree with earlier comment that because they are so expandable it's hard to know about weight gain lol.

Like ShallowHal I like size XL cuz hate tight clothes and am taller than average. I have some Tall leggings from JCPenney from years ago that are great.

Winter is so great for leggings, will hate when hot weather returns and have to show my leg skin again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2023, 08:31 AM

8,751 posts, read 5,044,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
WORDS OUTTA MY MOUTH (other than the Goodwill - I don't shop there). I cannot STAND that damn near ALL casual pants now have to be these dang stretchy leggings crapola. WTH? I mean, I do wear some leggings, and definitely wear them (long or knee-length) at the gym, but how do you ladies stand to yank and pull to get your damn pants on? And honestly I don't even bother looking at jeans anymore. Most gals look like crap in the skin-tight junk that passes for jeans these days. I don't like stretch jeans whatsoever - ugh. How the hell is that even comfortable??? I hate them, and look forward to some point in the future where we get back to regular pants!!
I always have trouble getting that darn seam in the right place in my rear.

Old 01-02-2023, 10:11 AM

50,342 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Let’s all just make a pact to make sure the tunic tops cover enough of our bums. We’ve all seen when this goes very very wrong. Just sayin.

Old 01-02-2023, 10:25 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Men's Dept has great sweatpants at Goodwill! Happy shopping to you.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:08 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
And what do older women wear with the ubiquitous leggings?

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...ing-tunics-now

From the article:
"a tunic is a woman’s way of saying, “You know what? Nobody’s looking at me anymore anyway, so why not just relax and throw out my ****ing shapewear? Why not be comfortable and self-assured for once in my goddamn life?” "

But here's the thing. I have never worn shapewear. Ever. Never have I ever enjoyed wearing tight clothes - NEVER. I am all about comfort and always have been. But you CAN dress comfortably and not look like a homeless person. You can look nice. I prefer to look nice when I go out, even if its just to the grocery store. Now if I am just hanging out at home, working in the yard - then that's a different story.

Old 01-02-2023, 01:27 PM

1,462 posts, read 658,580 times
If you're not "feeling" the tunic look, I find the teens have a cute style with the big, long beach tee shirts. Or any long one pocket tee shirt. I like the longer arms on those tee shirts as well. Some teens wear those shirts over their short shorts as well as their leggings. Yeah, I know. That train has left the station.....

Old 01-02-2023, 02:52 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,382,387 times
I buy my sweat pants in the men's department at Walmart. Maybe it costs too much for your budget.

Old 01-02-2023, 02:57 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
I think men's sizes might be a tad long for me. But thanks!

Old 01-02-2023, 04:50 PM

102,189 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Those sound like a pair I passed up at Goodwill last week. Super thick, cushy, warm, and cozy with some "rustic" sounding label (can't recall now), but in a color I wouldn't wear except in the house: green. But on second thought, I WANT to wear those in the house...

It's winter! Hope they're still there when I go back tomorrow.
They're called "serious sweats" on the website. They're saying today's the last day of their sale, but I bet if you wait (if they have your size, color), there will be a better sale coming. That's usually how it works after Xmas, and by January. They charge almost $10 for shipping, so if you can get free shipping or a better sale price, it's worth waiting for.

Old 01-02-2023, 06:06 PM

2,027 posts, read 3,346,284 times
I wear a lot of leggings, and i wear some tops that have the hi-low hem. I don't really like tunics on me as i'm only 5'2".

Or tops that are kind of "swingy"-hemmed. Not really tunics, maybe a bit dressier but also not real DRESSY.

I also wear comfy pants that are sweats, and also jeans. I get clothes from Old Navy on sale for very reasonable, and Macy's - who has great sales also. I order online.

(oh, and i'm almost 64)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty