Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2023, 05:54 PM

8,478 posts, read 4,724,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Jammy pants seem to be common attire in small-town midwest. Often worn by the same people that wear oversized long-legged silk-looking shorts and tee shirts until it's crazy cold out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
In the NE too. Drive around the college here and they are all walking to classes in their PJ bottoms. If I was a teacher, I probably wouldn't allow it, but then, they probably don't get any say. What's the real puzzler is that alot of them have cartoon characters and such on them. I mean, seriously, people, you are in college!!!
Jammies are neither new nor restricted to any geographic area. I saw this out west and in Texas in the early-mid-2000s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2023, 12:24 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Jammies are neither new nor restricted to any geographic area. I saw this out west and in Texas in the early-mid-2000s.
To be fair jammies in public can be excused if there's some sort of serious reason- getting kids to school in cold temps, unexpected emergency trips to the grocery store or drugstore, etc.

However strolling into any given formal setting in pajamas is going to generate some stares.

Old 03-24-2023, 02:01 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
We have a woman here who walks her dog in her robe, and it's late in the morning and maybe heading toward noon, but I'd rather she do that than make the dog wait if it really has to go.

Old 03-24-2023, 02:12 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
In the NE too. Drive around the college here and they are all walking to classes in their PJ bottoms. If I was a teacher, I probably wouldn't allow it, but then, they probably don't get any say. What's the real puzzler is that alot of them have cartoon characters and such on them. I mean, seriously, people, you are in college!!!
I get that pajama pants look dumb to us, but really...as a teacher, why forbid it? What does it hurt to wear pajama pants and crocs?

Old 03-24-2023, 06:13 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I get that pajama pants look dumb to us, but really...as a teacher, why forbid it? What does it hurt to wear pajama pants and crocs?
Right, if we learned anything from the pandemic it's that wearing hard pants doesn't make you work better.

Old 06-01-2023, 08:41 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Online shopping: Chinese sizing!

Old 06-01-2023, 09:33 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,456,642 times
Brides dresses for the last 10 years.

The rich get nice dresses with sleeves or any style they want created regardless of their size such as Meghan Markle.

The rest of everyone else get the strapless bridal dresses. Doesn't matter if that person is obese, average or thin. Strapless is the only choice. I have attended a number of weddings the past 10 years and have seen displays in the local bridal shop window.

Always strapless. Strapless dresses are often not a flattering choice for some. But it seems the only choice for all.

Old 06-01-2023, 09:43 AM

401 posts, read 275,346 times
Black pants and brown shoes, pajamas being worn ANYWHERE. How lazy can you be? Wedding dresses that look like lingerie. Tacky, tacky. I mean, your soon to be husband already know what's under there, most likely lol. Dress classy and elegant for one day..

Old 06-01-2023, 10:46 AM

401 posts, read 275,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
My number one pet peeve is how flimsy the fabrics used in women's clothing are these days. I know that throwaway fashion is the thing now, but more substantial fabrics look so much nicer and last so much longer.
Yes! I swear stores like H&M & Express, most of their tops the material is see through. I am not looking for you to see my bra in the sunlight

Old 06-01-2023, 02:18 PM

551 posts, read 343,805 times
Just wear clothes that are flattering.

I can’t stand seeing middle age women dressing head to toe from the Junior’s dept. It’s ok to have maybe one piece of clothing from Junior’s but when I see much older women trying so hard to dress like a teenager, it’s pathetic.

Middle age women can still dress stylish and cool just make age appropriate choices, much more flattering.

Last edited by bellamax2; 06-01-2023 at 03:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty