Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2023, 02:35 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times

Advertisements

I think the black shoes only with navy suits is a British thing. Everywhere else brown or grey shoes are fine except for the very most formal occasions, in which cases you'd probably be wearing a darker suit or a tux anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2023, 05:30 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Distressed jeans! Ugh.

Old 06-05-2023, 07:47 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Wearing clothes that aren't fitting well, are wrong for the body shape, are wrinkled/stained and just look trashy. And flip-flops in the city...
Old people in tank tops and revealing too much of their sagging skin.
People should invest in body long mirrors and show more self criticism
I agree with all of these. In regard to tank tops, it is not just old people. Unless you're playing basketball, tank tops are not a good look.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:14 AM

402 posts, read 276,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I get that pajama pants look dumb to us, but really...as a teacher, why forbid it? What does it hurt to wear pajama pants and crocs?
Maybe bc it's the teachers classroom and they make the rules. They are not clothes, they are meant to wear to bed. Sort of like going out in your bra and underwear. IMO, it also promotes being lazy. What planet are we on now that it is too much for you to put clothes on? I HATE that my daughter wears sweat pants all the time. But, if she ever thought was she going out in PJ pants to school, she would be told to turn around and change..

Old 06-05-2023, 03:47 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,151,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYa80s View Post
Maybe bc it's the teachers classroom and they make the rules. They are not clothes, they are meant to wear to bed. Sort of like going out in your bra and underwear. IMO, it also promotes being lazy. What planet are we on now that it is too much for you to put clothes on? I HATE that my daughter wears sweat pants all the time. But, if she ever thought was she going out in PJ pants to school, she would be told to turn around and change..
Eh. I remember people saying the same thing about wearing jeans, and then wearing shorts to school. Geez...there are kids going to school in their 'furry' outfits and acting like cats. Wearing pajama pants to school is a nothing burger to me.

Old 06-05-2023, 04:14 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
I don't care much what other people wear, some of them are pretty funny, others I feel sorry that they don't have enough money to buy new clothes if theirs look down and out.
I know people that wear awful looking clothes AND they have money. (just not the taste)
I am sure most of us know such people. Thus this is my pet peeve.
They could do much better. Maybe no one taught them how?

Old 06-05-2023, 04:40 PM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I agree with all of these. In regard to tank tops, it is not just old people. Unless you're playing basketball, tank tops are not a good look.
I don't have a problem with tank tops on anyone. They're very common in hot weather, along with sleeveless tops and dresses.

Wrinkles don't scare me on arms or faces. Aging happens. Enjoy the sunshine and fresh air.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:12 PM

11,032 posts, read 6,875,918 times
El Nina, is it this bad in Europe? I'm shocked at how 90% if people appear in public here in the U.S., especially at the store. Maybe I'm OCD but I always try to spiffy up, even when hitting the grocery store.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:23 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I think the black shoes only with navy suits is a British thing. Everywhere else brown or grey shoes are fine except for the very most formal occasions, in which cases you'd probably be wearing a darker suit or a tux anyway.
I'm not sure. I've seen navy suits and black shoes for most of my life, but many of those years have been spent in a couple of Northeastern states. I like brown with lighter shades of blue.

Old 06-06-2023, 10:05 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I don't have a problem with tank tops on anyone. They're very common in hot weather, along with sleeveless tops and dresses.

Wrinkles don't scare me on arms or faces. Aging happens. Enjoy the sunshine and fresh air.
I should've clarified that I was referring specifically to men wearing tank tops. The problem is if you're out of shape with a belling, etc., they look bad. OTOH, if a guy is muscular, a tank top makes you look like you're showing off. See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic2hZid2RAE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty