Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2023, 02:31 PM

6,815 posts, read 11,536,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post

Always strapless. Strapless dresses are often not a flattering choice for some. But it seems the only choice for all.
My granddaughter is a bit on the heavy side and pretty busty. She got married in a strapless off the rack dress that she didn’t get altered. My main memory of the wedding is her hiking up the top of the dress every two minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2023, 03:55 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,005,761 times
My list is long LOL but this is the one of the major ones

When someone wears shoes that are too small on them.

Want to ruin the look of a nice outfit? Wear a pair of opened toes shoes where your toes are hanging over the front end of the shoe. Or, your foot is too wide for the shoe and squeezing through the straps.

It just isn't a good look. Your toes should sit back and be 1/4" back from the front of the shoe, minimum.

I suspect that this is, in many cases, a vanity issue where someone doesn't want to have to get the larger size.

This also applies to clothing. Wearing clothing that is too tight and too small for you isnt attractive no matter what your size.

Old 06-01-2023, 04:28 PM

401 posts, read 275,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
To be fair jammies in public can be excused if there's some sort of serious reason- getting kids to school in cold temps, unexpected emergency trips to the grocery store or drugstore, etc.

However strolling into any given formal setting in pajamas is going to generate some stares.
How would you not be able to just slip on a pair of pants though unless it is a medical emergency where you can't move/walk? Getting to kids to school? You still get dressed. This only became more common in like the past 10 years or so when the "it's cool to look like you rolled out of bed, be extremely overweight, with your hair undone and makeup all over your face." trend lol. Not in my house..

Old 06-01-2023, 04:39 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Biggest fashion pet peeve = an abomination seen mostly in the state of Alaska known as Xtra tuffs that are usually worn for the sole purpose of trying to impress other patrons of bars in Anchorage with how "Alaskan" you are by wearing a pair of commerial fishing boots. Mostly worn by those who've been in the state for less than five years and who work in offices in Anchorage, Xtra tuffs don't even make the best fishing boots; deck footwear needs to be able to mold to the individual foot the way leather Romeos do.

Old 06-01-2023, 11:36 PM

627 posts, read 295,926 times
Beards, tattoos, shaved heads, super tight pants and shorts. I'm like who/what tf are you? Then I get peeved. lol

Last edited by MercedesBoy; 06-01-2023 at 11:46 PM..

Old 06-02-2023, 04:17 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,756,686 times
Pretty much everything my wife wears

Old 06-02-2023, 06:47 AM

50,344 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Clothing that is too tight, and otherwise exaggerates the persons flaws, rather than hides them.

Old 06-02-2023, 06:53 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Saw a young lady walking downtown yesterday. She had on a loose top with 3 wide horizontal stripes. As she walked it was billowing out and seriously, as I drove up I thought it was a clown walking down the street. Just awful.

Old 06-02-2023, 06:57 AM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I just thought of one: when men with a huge belly wear their pants and belt below the big belly. If they were to wear the pants normally, they would look like the Pillsbury Doughboy, which is obviously what they are trying to avoid. It's really disgusting in some cases, depending upon the overall look.
Well it sounds like they only have two bad options. I've seen bellies so protruded there is no way they could wear the pants around that without them falling down when they moved too much, and if they fell they would fall all the way down. It's better if they can cinch the waist band below the bulge.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:39 AM

2,024 posts, read 979,083 times
Mine is when women wear jeans and a pullover top or t-shirt and have the front of this shirt slightly tucked in to their waistband. They mean it, I think, to look casual but it looks like they didn't look in the mirror after using the bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty