Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 05:08 PM

99 posts, read 328,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I had a pair of those Dr Scholl's. Hmm, wondering where they disappeared to.... Maybe Mom threw them out or dropped them off in one of those donation boxes.
Crocs are convenient in a way but be careful on those escalators. I've heard some horror stories there. Easy to wash off tho if one steps in mud or ohhh, doggie-do?
Earthworks kind of the new earth shoe. I saw somewhere that Crocs market has peaked. I remember also wooden clogs were popular in fall and winter months. Now professionals [mostly medical] wear Dansko's but I believe very costly. I believe Dr Scholl wooden sandal era over because most Dr Scholl mainly markets foot care products. But woman should of felt safe wearing them because they could be used as a weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 06:42 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
My mom used to wear those things.... I was not a fan

Old 07-09-2009, 01:00 AM

1,450 posts, read 4,251,564 times
I always got foot cramps wearing those darned things!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:12 AM

37,597 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey jam View Post
I am curious if anyone remembers when Dr Scholl Exercise Sandals were the hip thing. I believe that during most of the 1970's they were very popular and by the early to mid 1980's just seem to go out rather quickly. They were very stylish and definitely attractive womens apparel. Every high school girl seemed to have a pair. Anyone out their recall or have any memories about them? Wonder why they never tried to re-market them.

You can buy them today, in all colors, right here:

Dr. Scholl's White Leather/Wood Dr. Scholl's Original Shoe

I never liked them...and I don't see how a solid wood sole could possibly be comfortable for anyone.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:49 AM

99 posts, read 328,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You can buy them today, in all colors, right here:

Dr. Scholl's White Leather/Wood Dr. Scholl's Original Shoe

I never liked them...and I don't see how a solid wood sole could possibly be comfortable for anyone.
I wonder how many trees were cut down to manufacture Dr Scholls. One thing for sure a woman always could take the off and use them as weapon to fend off an attacker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty