Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 10:24 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times

Advertisements

you're right! I can't stand the look of the entire LV line! I agree with the old-school Coach, these new lines are just bad, and they all look alike now too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I agree with the above (logo bags). I despise LV the most. How on earth does anything think LV LV LV LV LV all over their goods is attractive? Old school Coach was simple, classy, and very well made. New school Coach is awful. Thankfully my wife agrees!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 07:02 AM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,512 times
I do enjoy a good, quality purse; but, I refuse to wear or accessorize myself with the same items everyone else is wearing.

It's ridiculous looking when you see two or three women together with the same or very similar purse.

A lady in my office has a nice professional leather Coach bag vs. the loud logo ones everyone else is carrying.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
I have been buying Coach since the 80s. I have a very nice collection of leather bags in many colors. 20 plus years later and they all still look wonderful, including my attache.

However, Coach lost its glow w/ me when they started making them in China.

I only have a wristlet that has the logo on it and I see knockoffs all over . . .

Unless I see a Coach at one of their outlet store severely marked down and in a color I know I will keep . . . I am no longer buying them.

I have a few cute Kate Spades I really like but they, too, are being knocked off.

I have a Chanel and a Prada I really enjoy carrying, but they, too, have been knocked off.

I love beautiful, substantial leather handbags and wallets - and other accessories.

Got a really cute tote last week - Baekgaard. Nice quality construction, fun colors and accessories. Got it on sale. I like Italian leathergoods, too, so suspect I will be buying more of that type of thing in the future . . . Don't mind spending money on a good handbag that will last but I am not interested in carrying a handbag that is being knocked off.

I used to make handbags back in the 70s - cute hobo type bags and I am thinking this may be a fun thing to try again . . . design my own stuff. That won't be knocked off, for sure!!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,252,375 times
It used to be Coach Leather, and their leather products were top quality. I have several of their leather handbags, but too heavy to use much.

I really despise the newer Coach bags, mostly cloth, some leather trim, or I guess what I can't stand is how people let them get so dirty. Guess they just aren't for everyday use.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:09 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,763 times
I am tired of Coach. Just about everyone in NJ has them now.

My son bought me my first one 7 years ago and that's how my addiction started.
I have 4 Coach bags, my favorite are my 2 leather totes, made really well and durable. I really can't stand the newer ones, so I will not be buying anymore Coach.

I do own one LV tote, however, I hardly use it.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:07 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,070 times
I was quite liking mine.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:38 PM

9 posts, read 20,692 times
Quote:
Are middle class people not supposed to buy them?
Quote:
The recent epidemic of 16 year olds, in every ghetto, in every city, wearing them, has caused me not to want to wear mine anymore. I have a few leather ones that I still wear to work, every now and then...and I have a few signature "C" purses, that I bought when Coach first introduced them back in the late 90's/early 2000's, but like I said, I have no desire to wear them after witnessing the demographic COACH seems to cater to nowadays. I let my 16 year old wear all my old signature COACH stuff now, since it seems to be all 'they' like to wear

True I do see them a lot in most suburban malls. But there's nothing wrong with those bags for someone who's never had a good quality purse! I don't care for Coach/DooneyB and started with others but this is like a starter bag to luxury. You then move up to better quality bags. Only if you can afford it of course!

This thread (Coach Bags) remind me of Tommy Hilfiger in the 90's

Old 12-15-2009, 03:47 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
Yeah, I don't care for them much. Not enough room for me to carry my stuff (my wallet, my compact and lipstick, my organizer with my phone numbers in it, my hairbrush, my cell phone, and my keys). If a purse can fit all that, then I'm happy with it.

These purses might be only okay if you're going out and don't want to take a lot of stuff, just your money, ID, and keys.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:30 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
I must fess up, I bought a Couch bag, that stores my I-Pad in a separate compartment. I've always liked their leather purses.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:43 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Honestly... I think Coach purses are cute, but I would not buy them... And yes, I am sick of them. It's not just a Dallas thing. It's everywhere! It's driving me crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty