Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 11:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie1971 View Post
People are merely expressing their opinion about the attractiveness of tattoos. I happen to think they destroy natural beauty on a girl. A lot of people share that opinion. If you have a problem with people expressing such a opinion, then instead of telling people to put their head in the sand, you should pull yours out of your rear end All these cliches about close-minded, square, judgemental, blah blah blah are meaningless and are endlessly parroted by simpletons.

Tattoos are ugly by the way.
Don't you mean 'some' tattoos are ugly? I've seen tattoos that were nearly indistiguishable from watercolor or oil paintings. I've also seen tattoos that look like they were done by a dyslexic drunk elephant.

I think it's fine that you think tattoos are ugly... but there's a difference between not liking tattoos and not liking tattooed people simply because they have tattoos. My sleeve doesn't make me a ****, it doesn't make me unintelligent, it doesn't make me a convict and it definitely doesn't make me a bad person.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:07 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,704,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
Is it just the conservative side of me, or are tattoos (tats) the most disgusting, repulsive and grotesque eye sores on the human body and complete turn-offs?
On women, yes.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:19 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
They're just playing on a stereotype, that's all. My dad is 6'4 230 lbs, has two tattoos, has 3 Harleys and looks like a big scary motorcycle riding guy... but he's a big softy in reality . He brought home a kitten a few months ago to my mom because he saw it on the side of the road and it 'looked sad' so he brought it to live on their ranch with our other animals. He also wouldn't think twice to stay up all night with me when I was younger to help nurse a preemie baby goat who was too weak to swallow.

Some of the biggest scariest biker guys are also some of the sweetest.
Certainly true a lot of the time. I've got a good friend who's an old hard-core Harley man. We call him STP - Steve The Pirate - and for good reason. He's the kind of guy that'd do anything for anybody.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
"Art" is generally unappealing. No matter if some people consider it well done. I couldn't care anymore about Van Gogh than I do Monet...or is it Manet? Either way, what do I care? Art is unappealing.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Well its been reported that tattoo removal ;which is expensive; is a fast growing medical practice.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:40 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,035,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
"Art" is generally unappealing. No matter if some people consider it well done. I couldn't care anymore about Van Gogh than I do Monet...or is it Manet? Either way, what do I care? Art is unappealing.
I certainly don't want to have to see anyone's Pinhead (Hellraiser) tattoo. Who thought that would be a good idea?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 PM

726 posts, read 2,269,440 times
I think its the places people choose to get them that makes them unappealing. I also believe that there are certain parts on the body where tats look better on a man, than on a woman. and vice versa. Just recently I saw a pic of Kanye Wests girlfriend, she looked gorgeous and then I saw a huge tat on her arm. It didn't look right to me....

But no big deal, people are free to do what they want to their bodies. Its a choice. I dont have a problem with tats, but i wouldn't do it to mine.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:06 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
This thread needs to stop getting resurrected....

Old 11-06-2009, 09:54 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
Is it just the conservative side of me, or are tattoos (tats) the most disgusting, repulsive and grotesque eye sores on the human body and complete turn-offs?

Depends on who has them and what are they exactly. I have 5 but they are of decent size and one you can't even see because it's on the back of my neck so........ but I don't think they are gross or that I am grotesque because I have them.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:01 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy_09 View Post
Got a joke about tatoos. Hope I don't get booted here. So, I'm gonna avoid some words....

Girl looks at Rodman's tatoos. REEBOK on his arm, PUMA on his leg. She screamed when she saw AIDS on his p - - - - -. He said "Relax, in a minute it will read ADIDAS"
That joke's a lot funnier if you tell it like this. (see above)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty