Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2008, 05:28 PM

564 posts, read 2,341,479 times

Advertisements

You know what's funny about my big mouth? If the Russellville teaching market stays as dry as it is looking at this point (I'm on the inside on this, too), I will probably have to move to one of the "crowded" areas to find a steady teaching job, haha.

Life is funny. It always makes me put my foot in my mouth.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:01 AM

90 posts, read 352,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
You know what's funny about my big mouth? If the Russellville teaching market stays as dry as it is looking at this point (I'm on the inside on this, too), I will probably have to move to one of the "crowded" areas to find a steady teaching job, haha.

Life is funny. It always makes me put my foot in my mouth.
Take it from someone who knows, I hope it doesnt that come to that for you. As overcrowded as you might feel here, it could be worse.

But good luck to you.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:08 AM

395 posts, read 1,363,693 times
Yep I was born and raised in Springdale and moved 2 yrs back..come to visit once a year and the population keeps getting more and more....

Old 01-18-2008, 05:11 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
Default Haha

i was raised in fay until i was 18. I'm laughing because you think the traffic is bad. I live in seattle now. The traffic hear truly is bad. Sometimes takes over an hour to go 5 miles. I can't stop laughing at you for thinking the traffic is bad. Maybe for the countryside but compare it to any city and you'll find that traffic truly is not that bad at all. People there tend to think the traffic is bad if it takes them more than 5 minutes to get to wal-mart. Come on guys its nothin . Like i said come spend a day in seattle with me, i'll show ya real traffic. West coast traffic is terrible but the scenery up here beats the scenery there by a landslide, so at least you have beautiful mountains, the ocean, and excellent skyscrapers to look at while you sit

Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 PM

154 posts, read 679,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
Sometimes takes over an hour to go 5 miles. I can't stop laughing at you for thinking the traffic is bad
It is not uncommon when leaving my office off Horsebarn Road right at 5 o'clock, I wait 30+ minutes to merge into stopped traffic and travel 500 yards to get through a light and onto I-540 and many mornings I've waited 25-30 minutes just to get off the exit ramp, travel less than 100 yards and wait 10-15 more minutes to turn right. Still laughing?

Infrastructure development is improving every day but there was no way to predict the growth NWA would experience. Traffic in NWA can be an issue simply because of the amount of people trying to navigate roadways designed for a fraction of the vehicle count.

Last edited by boulder; 01-18-2008 at 06:50 PM..

Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 PM

17 posts, read 140,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajo58 View Post
I do not know why Northwest Arkansas is so popular, the people there are mean and rude, the traffic is terrible(everywhere you go there is traffic and road construction further making getting around terrible), natives are getting their homes taken away left and right in the name of big business, the area is being overrun by illegal aliens, it's horrible. In NWA it is all about making money and no one cares about anybody else except for themselves. Bella Vista is the worst with all of those old snoots from the north. I have recently moved back to Benton from Rogers and I will never live in NWA again and I encourage any decent people who sees this message to never move there.
I don't live in NW Arkansas anymore, although I did grow up there (Gravette, Siloam Springs, Springdale). My career has moved me to another state, and I've not lived back home since 1987, but I do go back to visit often, sometimes staying up to a month at a time for vacation.

When I first read the above post, I started to make a reply to dispute what was said, but then I decided that the content of the post was just so ridiculous and such an obvious attempt at hate-baiting that I just have to laugh at it. That's all you can do when some things in life are just so funny.

But I will instead use the occasion of the joke to give a quick wave and hello to Benton and Washington Counties, and all the lovely charming real people there. Hope the winter wasn't too hard on you, and I look forward to coming back for a 2-week vacation in few months. It's always nice to spend time in a beautiful area where people are as nice to you as you'll allow them to be.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:14 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
Default still laughing! :D

Yea i'm still laughing lol its really not that bad. I lived in NWA for 18 years its not that bad at all. It really isn't.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
Yea i'm still laughing lol its really not that bad. I lived in NWA for 18 years its not that bad at all. It really isn't.
I'm still laughing because you're not taking into account those of us who are used to very small towns. We're not all used to it, sorry. NWA is very big and noisy to some of us hicks.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:27 PM
MSN

12 posts, read 51,343 times
It's important to remember that there are both positives and negatives to all towns and good and bad people in all towns. I live in NWA and like it. I also travel to Russellville once a week for a graduate class I am taking at AR Tech. While there last week, I stopped at McDonalds (across the street from Tech) to grab a quick dinner before heading home. While inside, three boys (looked like high school, but didn't drive) were kind enough to throw coke and ketchup on my car and scratch the passenger side before running off. Was I mad? Yes. Is this representative of all of Russellville? No and I'd be wrong to think so. I've seen several negative posts on this thread about how terrible and rude all of us are up here in NWA, but I've never had anything like this happen to me in Rogers. You are going to run into bad/rude people anywhere you go. Last week I would have gladly traded washing my car in 30 degree weather for traffic anyday.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN View Post
It's important to remember that there are both positives and negatives to all towns and good and bad people in all towns. I live in NWA and like it. I also travel to Russellville once a week for a graduate class I am taking at AR Tech. While there last week, I stopped at McDonalds (across the street from Tech) to grab a quick dinner before heading home. While inside, three boys (looked like high school, but didn't drive) were kind enough to throw coke and ketchup on my car and scratch the passenger side before running off. Was I mad? Yes. Is this representative of all of Russellville? No and I'd be wrong to think so. I've seen several negative posts on this thread about how terrible and rude all of us are up here in NWA, but I've never had anything like this happen to me in Rogers. You are going to run into bad/rude people anywhere you go. Last week I would have gladly traded washing my car in 30 degree weather for traffic anyday.
Really now?

Remind me not to go to that McDonald's, haha. Sorry that happened to you. I'm actually shocked that would happen in broad daylight around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers