Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 04:57 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,186,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I read it.
I laughed !

I get junk mail daily from places that have names sounding impressive .

That link reminded me of the junk mail I get, but I don't pass junkmail onto others and point to it as fact. ")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 05:05 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,358,952 times
I am just putting it out there. It matters to me not if you take my advice. Take it or leave it.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
The gas in MO is cheaper because it has ethanol in it. You will get less mpg and it will destroy the plastic and rubber parts of your engine. Do not buy that crap.

MO has a law that all gasoline must have at least 10% ethanol.

AR has a law that all gasoline that has ethanol must have a sign posted to let you know you are buying mixed fuel. I have noticed that a lot of Qal Mart stations have ethanol in AR.
well that is probably true, but I like my version better. The stations on the border sell booze as well, so I still think they keep the gas down so we can fill up and then get our daily wine or booze supply. Oh, did I say daily? I don't mean that, we certainly do not drink daily and live in bible belt AR..

Old 11-19-2009, 05:16 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,358,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well that is probably true, but I like my version better. The stations on the border sell booze as well, so I still think they keep the gas down so we can fill up and then get our daily wine or booze supply. Oh, did I say daily? I don't mean that, we certainly do not drink daily and live in bible belt AR..
I bet that is at least a part of it. I used to have a teaching in high school who owned a gas station. He said he always sold his gas at his cost so people would come in buy all the other stuff.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I am just putting it out there. It matters to me not if you take my advice. Take it or leave it.
When I buy a new car and the owners' manual states-----" warranty is voided if 10% ethanol fuel is used"---I will believe it.

Heck, we were all warned when unleaded gas came out-----" it will ruin older tractors"-------" it can't be used in chainsaws"

Did I mention one of my tractors is a 1950?

Old 11-19-2009, 05:20 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,020,088 times
Gas is too high. I paid $2.90 in ca. Its always high here thanks to the taxes & surcharges.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:32 AM

278 posts, read 1,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenKarber View Post
Gas is pretty cheap in South Carolina too!
It is currently but normally runs closer to MIs prices... Seems like closer to Houston you are the cheaper gas you have...

Old 11-20-2009, 09:51 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Heck, we were all warned when unleaded gas came out-----" it will ruin older tractors"-------" it can't be used in chainsaws"
It has melted quite a few diaphragms around here.

We have several stations that carry non-ethanol gas.

Many states have laws that prohibit non-ethanol gas.

Marmac, you've got a gasoline tractor? Is that a parade tractor? I saw a mint 9N for cheap I was thinking about buying until I found out nobody around me would work on gas tractors.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:12 AM

807 posts, read 2,515,283 times
I can't remember the last time I bought gas around here that wasn't ethanol blended. One station supposedly has ethanol free gas,but that hasn't been confirmed by me yet.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
It has melted quite a few diaphragms around here.

We have several stations that carry non-ethanol gas.

Many states have laws that prohibit non-ethanol gas.

Marmac, you've got a gasoline tractor? Is that a parade tractor? I saw a mint 9N for cheap I was thinking about buying until I found out nobody around me would work on gas tractors.
No,not a parade tractor ( Farmall M) but it looks and runs good. It stays hitched to the 1050 gallon water tank that gets filled daily and pulled out into the pasture for the dairy cattle.

My son got it a year ago after he and a friend made a complicated trade of several pieces of equipment ( including a 706 Farmall I owned that got part of the trade so I'm claiming the " M" as mine til me and the boy work out final details )

Yup, finding a good mechanic for those older gas tractors is a challenge since the good ones died off.

On a sidenote, a 49 8N Ford was our first tractor .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers