Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 07:48 PM

489 posts, read 1,327,178 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm planning to take my boyfriend up to Flag for a weekend trip in early January. I've never been before, so I don't know the area at all. I want to stay somewhere that's conveniently located to the downtown or wherever there are restaurants, bars, etc. I don't like dumpy motels but don't want to break the bank either. Something along the lines of a Courtyard Marriott would be perfect. I've been looking at hotels online, but without knowing the area it's hard to know if I'm picking a decent location. A coworker recommended Embassy Suites. Is this the best option, or does anyone have any better suggestions?

Also, I'm planning to take him to check out the local breweries while we're there. If anyone has a favorite, I'd love to hear about it. Or if there's anything that you feel is a must-do while we're there, I'd love to hear about that too. Thanks in advance!

-Kristen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 08:37 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,094,064 times
will be cold, of course, and possible snow on the ground while you're there...check the forecast before you go....some popular attractions are closed or inaccessible during the winter

almost every conceivable hotel chain is represented in Flag....you may want to avoid places on East Route 66 because of train noise and most of them are old and a bit tired.....low-, mid-, and high-range places are on or near Milton south of downtown.....the Marriott Courtyard is fairly new and nice, but you'll need to drive from there for most fun stuff....Embassy Suites and Drury Inn, both very nice, are both on Milton and nearer to NAU and downtown - walkable.....

things will be quiet if you go before NAU ends Xmas break in January....the Lumberyard brew pub is very good and among the newer of the several popular Flag brew pubs....walk around the several blocks of downtown, an attractive area with great shops and businesses....see if anything is going on at NAU (shows, concerts, exhibits)....ski at Snowbowl if it's open or cross-country ski at the Flag Nordic Center....check in with the visitor center near the Lumberyard brewery for updates on things to do....drive old Route 66 east from downtown....go up to the Grand Canyon if you haven't been there....

Old 12-13-2013, 09:02 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,360,172 times
I have some friends who often go to Flag for 4-day weekends, mainly because they have kids at NAU. They like to rent enough space so the kids can stay with them instead of being in the dorm. They swear by AirBnB. I've seen photos of some of their choices and they looked great. AirBnB allows you to converse with the owner before making a decision, so you could ask questions related to what your interests are.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Flagstaff--AZ

Old 12-14-2013, 01:37 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,179,068 times
I love Beaver Street Brewery. Good food and always excellent service. And the little woodstove and conversation area are adorable.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:26 PM

174 posts, read 397,956 times
Try the Drury Inn and Suites on the corner of Milton and Butler.

My wife went to NAU when they were building it, but we have been back since it has been finished and it is very nice and conveniently located within walking distance to most places.

Drury Inn
300 South Milton Road
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
(928) 773-4900

It is basically located on NAU North Campus.

-Trent

Old 12-14-2013, 11:12 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice! I will check out your suggestions for both hotels and breweries.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:33 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,526,159 times
And, if you go to Beaver Street Brewery (one of my favorites in Flag as well), look across the street from the parking lot and you will see Macy's (NOT the department store) a Flagstaff tradition for coffee and pastries, as well as other breakfast or lunch items. If you are coffee drinkers, a visit to Flag is not complete without a visit to Macy's. (Late for the Train has great coffee, too).

Old 12-18-2013, 07:33 PM

I booked the Drury Inn. I'm excited to check out Beaver Street Brewery, and Macy's sounds really good too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona