Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2023, 03:35 PM

5,975 posts, read 7,365,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
I'm curious to see the traffic around the new In-And-Out burger when it finally opens. Wonder if it'll put pressure on the nearby Five Guys?
No doubt there will be throngs of people making a pilgrimage, but after a few weeks the thrill will wear off and only the former Kalifornians will be frequenting the place.

Just watch. It's not like they have a following like Hateful Chicken.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2023, 04:57 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
No doubt there will be throngs of people making a pilgrimage, but after a few weeks the thrill will wear off and only the former Kalifornians will be frequenting the place.

Just watch. It's not like they have a following like Hateful Chicken.

RM
I'm a Nebraska native and love In N Out, much better quality that just about every burger chain out there. There are rumors In N Out expanding into southern Wyoming. The word is spreading.

Old 11-06-2023, 05:55 PM

33,314 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Californians bring Starbucks? S'bux has nothing to do with California (except it absorbed the Bay Area coffee brand: Peet's, which is a superior product, truth be told). Starbucks is from Seattle. Are you sure it's not Seattle area transplants to Flag that you're seeing, masquerading as Californians?
For three years in the 1980s.

Old 11-06-2023, 05:56 PM

33,314 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
It's all about demographics, not the source of the population influx. This is a good reason why there's a Costco in Prescott and not in Flagstaff. There aren't enough old rich white people on Flagstaff to support one.

Also, many of the CA license plates you see in Flagstaff belong to out of state NAU students, too, they're not necessarily people who have moved here.

Having lived in SFO I would concur about Peet's vs. Starbucks.

RM

Old 11-25-2023, 08:22 AM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
I still kick myself for not going to NAU for school, dad kinda threatened me into not going.

But, here we are 14 years later and I've been accepted there, and the place looks radically different than it did in 2010.

Old 11-25-2023, 12:49 PM

5,975 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I still kick myself for not going to NAU for school, dad kinda threatened me into not going.

But, here we are 14 years later and I've been accepted there, and the place looks radically different than it did in 2010.
Last time I saw it before I moved here was 1991! It looked very, very different a few years ago when I returned. Of course, so did a lot of other stuff, too.

It's still a wonderful place, a bit hectic around NAU, but the small town vibe and wonderful people are everywhere.

RM

Old 03-13-2024, 05:12 PM

55 posts, read 51,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSheepleWillHaveTheirSa View Post
rapid changes have left it being a bit "soul-less" and not what it was.
YMMV.

Same for Prescott. They're gonna keep developing it until there's a million people here.

Old 03-19-2024, 03:09 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
Quote:
Last time I saw it before I moved here was 1991! It looked very, very different a few years ago when I returned. Of course, so did a lot of other stuff, too.

It's still a wonderful place, a bit hectic around NAU, but the small town vibe and wonderful people are everywhere.

RM
Oh yeah, I just got back from there last week.

It's drastically changed, bigger, and the NAU campus has lots of little robots running around on it.

Old 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM

39 posts, read 20,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiringGuru2 View Post
Same for Prescott. They're gonna keep developing it until there's a million people here.
Almost retired there fifteen years ago, but put-off seeing what a mess Prescott Valley had become, and reckoned Prescott wouldn't be far behind. Did a stint in Camp Verde near a pecan farm. Will keep my past memories of Flag, Sedona, Cottonwood and Prescott.

Especially miss that drive in winter across snow-dusted Mingus mountain when RV's and loud motorbikes absent.

To those who stayed I say enjoy those lovely Fall days on Courthouse Square lolling about with the dogs while reading a Zane Gray paperback.

Sad Sedona. It really went corporate more than ever, and what's up with all that signage in and out of town. Looks trashy as all get out.

As the song goes, "Things ain't what they used to be."

Last edited by Bergman; 03-30-2024 at 01:09 PM..

Old 03-30-2024, 02:50 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergman View Post
Almost retired there fifteen years ago, but put-off seeing what a mess Prescott Valley had become, and reckoned Prescott wouldn't be far behind. Did a stint in Camp Verde near a pecan farm. Will keep my past memories of Flag, Sedona, Cottonwood and Prescott.

Especially miss that drive in winter across snow-dusted Mingus mountain when RV's and loud motorbikes absent.

To those who stayed I say enjoy those lovely Fall days on Courthouse Square lolling about with the dogs while reading a Zane Gray paperback.

Sad Sedona. It really went corporate more than ever, and what's up with all that signage in and out of town. Looks trashy as all get out.

As the song goes, "Things ain't what they used to be."
How did Sedona go corporate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona