Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:23 AM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,689 times

Advertisements

I have a Publix about a mile from the house, Publix to me has ALWAYS been a clean store, no odors, no dirty floors, the aisles are neat, the meat is great
(don't like there prices though), I usually shop in Walmart for most of my stuff except meat, but yesterday I ran out of ALL detergent which is $3.97 in Walmart, didn't want to travel to US19 and went to Publix ALL was $5.97 a $2.00 difference, instead I bought the Publix brand at $3.97 still washed the clothes so I was happy.

Publix also has a better selection of fruit, its fresher than Walmart, same goes for their fish. And yes, the people are friendly, helpful and the baggers
are always there with a smile, I have my favorites, that always greet me with a plesant hello. There return policy is great.

I wish that Winn Dixie would take notes on cleaning a store, the one on Mariner Blvd/Spring Hill Drive is smelly, there's always a odor in that store
and the place gives me the chills, I refuse to go there. Yuck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 12:04 PM

30 posts, read 150,202 times
I love Publix too. I always tell everyone that Publix is, "zen", lol. I would NEVER buy meat and/or produce at Wal-Mart. As a matter of fact, I try to avoid, "Wally World", as we call it. I'll tell you something else too -- I got the cutiest purse and sandals at Publix. And at the bakery, they aren't afraid of special orders. I always order birthday cakes with fresh fruit between the layers.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:09 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia1354 View Post
I love Publix too. I always tell everyone that Publix is, "zen", lol. I would NEVER buy meat and/or produce at Wal-Mart. As a matter of fact, I try to avoid, "Wally World", as we call it. I'll tell you something else too -- I got the cutiest purse and sandals at Publix. And at the bakery, they aren't afraid of special orders. I always order birthday cakes with fresh fruit between the layers.
Although I prefer to get my baked goods at local bakeries, Publix provides a pleasurable shopping experience! I also try to avoid "Walfart" as I call it, it is really just a nasty poorly run store, and the price does not justify driving for a half an hour to go there.Thier business pratices are absoultely horrific. Publix, by comparison, is the largest employee-owned chain in the country. My local Publix even sells designer fragrance! I love Publix .

Old 06-27-2007, 12:19 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,297 times
My mother used to go to Wal Mart for cleaning supplies until I showed her that my gas, time etc is worth something. I took her receipt from Wal mart and went to Publix and I would have saved about 2.00 at WalMart. The meat at PUblix is always good, Wal Mart meat is select not top of the line. Albertsons also sells select meat not prime or choice, WinnDixie plays tricks with you with its buy one get one free. Sweet Bays customer service is horrible. The only reason that I went to Sweet Bay for a few things is I went to the liquor store and it was just closer, NO MOre.
The first thing my sister looked for when she moved out of town was a Publix.
I went to a Sweet Bay last week and walked all the way to my car until I realized that I had left my groceries, they did not put them in the cart. I told them I am so used to Publix that I assumed someone was going to fill my cart.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:37 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,446 times
Default Publix all the way....

I can assure you, that Publix's meat is amongst top of the line and much better quality then Wal Mart. There is NO COMPARISON!!!!
I would NEVER, EVER buy meat there!
The grade is lower, to the lowest point of human consumption.
The pork tastes fishy sometimes.....because sometimes pigs get fed with fish meal mixed in their feed......And, I could go on and on and on. YUCK!
I know......it's my job to know...

Last edited by MB2; 06-27-2007 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-27-2007, 07:31 PM

262 posts, read 937,700 times
I completely agree with those who said they couldn't take the screaming that goes on at Wal-Mart. In fact, that place gives me panic attacks - NOT what I want when grocery shopping. Something else that turned me off of other area grocers was when I heard managers yelling at employees. Hm, I work for a living too, and I would not want to be treated that way, so I won't shop where that goes on. UGH.

I haven't heard that happening at Publix.

Also, as previously stated, it isn't crowded, is quite clean, has a decent selection, and I like what they're doing with the Green-wise products.

Oh - and very importantly - our neighborhood Publix now stocks Spumoni Ice Cream!

Last edited by Suncoaster; 06-27-2007 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: edited for dumb typo

Old 06-27-2007, 07:33 PM

937 posts, read 2,889,271 times
Smile Chicken!

I love the chicken from the deli!!! It's better than KFC.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:22 PM

41 posts, read 241,911 times
Publix is expensive. I rather go to another supermarket like Winn Dixie or Walmart.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:26 PM

573 posts, read 2,442,664 times
Yum, Publix subs! Publix produce (no white fuzzies on the strawberries, like Wal-Mart)! Publix bakery, nothing compares. I am an avid Wal-Mart shopper, but sometimes I go into Publix to experience REAL customer service (and a quick checkout!)

Old 06-27-2007, 08:39 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Publix is expensive. I rather go to another supermarket like Winn Dixie or Walmart.
Sure....if you are not buying things on sale, or B1G1.
I crack up, when Winn Dixie has the B1G1 on the meat, but jack up the prices (Publix DOESN'T do that!!).
Customers watch, they pay attention, and they are certainly NOT stupid.
I hate Winn Dixie and what they did to the employees and what they did with their retirement!!!
Thanks' to Winn Dixie, employees have NO retirement......they sold them out, and lied to them.
I know, because many, many of them now work for Publix.
I feel SO BAD for them,and would never, ever shop at Winn Dixie.
And, again, you pay for WHAT you get...if I feel like "Kangaroo meat", I will go to Wal Mart too......
Sorry, I am sure there are Wal Mart employees on here....but, the MEATS there are the PITS!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida