Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 11:33 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,898,286 times

Advertisements

Florida has a 6 month summer with a 2 month winter,2 month spring and 2 month fall.And yeah definitely the worst is summer!!

Last edited by doom1001; 07-15-2007 at 12:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 11:47 PM

381 posts, read 1,686,253 times
Well, it's not just one. It's early fall and late spring that I like the least. Summertime is supposed to be hot, and while it's not pleasant, at least there are more things to do to cool off. Winter is most definitely my favorite, though!

Old 07-15-2007, 12:19 AM

518 posts, read 2,226,765 times
I really don't mind the weather in June, July and August because it's hot almost everywhere during those months. It starts to get old in September and October, though, especially with beautiful autumn weather in many other parts of the country. Plus, adding injury to insult, it's the height of the hurricane season. It's no mystery why about half of the population of Florida is visiting western North Carolina in October -- the same principle, in reverse, applies to Northeasterns and Midwesterns visiting Florida toward the end of winter.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,216,432 times
summer is my least favorite, and besides june through late september, the weather is great. you can wear jeans, shorts, whatever. it is usually comfortable in either.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:33 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
Florida summer. It starts in April-June and goes to October-January. I don't hate the entire summer, just the storm-free part (which is most of it). When it doesn't storm the weather is so miserable, and you can't sleep without life support (air conditioning). Then again, other than me and my parents, who lives without AC? This weekend I am at my parents home trying to fix their central air. I called a friend in the AC business but he took one look at the unit and gave up. It's a homemade rig that replaces the water heater, but the compressor burned up in a thunderstorm. Same unit I made for my house.

I vowed to go the whole year without central air and it is getting rough. I turned it off in January and it's July.....not sure how much longer I can last. If anyone has the courage to try it, turn off your air conditioning one day in July-August in the summer dry season. See how much you enjoy the weather then! Right now I sweat so much that my T-shirts fall apart after a few weeks. The washing machine probably uses as much electricity as the air conditioner did now! The Florida summer gets me more depressed every day it does not storm.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:25 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,370,302 times
Summer is hot and humid, yes. But the golf courses offer discounts as well as the best restaurants. The traffic is gone and well... there's a lot to be said for summer in Florida.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:29 AM

564 posts, read 1,901,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoaster View Post
Hurricane Season!

Other than that, I love our general lack of seasons. Can't stand the shorter days up north in winter, barren trees, frozen ground - gives me the willies. Love sun, sun, sun and wonderful green growing things year-round.
My thoughts exactly!

Old 07-15-2007, 04:43 PM

36 posts, read 165,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Summer. Its like the Florida winter! All you want to do is sit inside in the A.C.
Pretty much!

Old 07-15-2007, 05:45 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,587,836 times
Default Fl summers

Gotta tell ya, the summer's here are the worst, heat, huminity, heat indexs of 101/102 totally kill me, going out into the sun for more than 20 mins. I can't breathe, my eyes kill me from the glare and I get sick, so no alternative but to stay in the house with a/c and pay the price with my electric bill.

I also miss fall leaves falling, going pumkin picking, getting a bushel of apples
and watching kids jump in big piles of leaves. I miss that first dusting of snow that falls, I miss hearing kids laugh as they throw snowballs at each other.

The first year I was here and I cooked Thanksgiving Dinner in shorts and the a/c on I thought it was strange, now some 20+ dinners later, they are just another day in Fl. no different, nothing new to expect, the same ole, same ole

Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 PM

245 posts, read 765,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post

I vowed to go the whole year without central air and it is getting rough. I turned it off in January and it's July.....not sure how much longer I can last.
So go out and buy one of those little window air conditioners for a bedroom. Technically, you wouldn't be breaking your vow. Nowdays, there are some very quiet and energy efficient models on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida