Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:24 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,212,661 times

Advertisements

when love bugs come in oct though, it starts to cool off nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 08:40 PM

28 posts, read 196,478 times
hurricane season is hot, humid and the water is **** warm Tourist season is overcrowded, full of people that would just as soon run over you. Then there is taxes and insurance season....youll be broke after that ... About then you will come to your senses and move far away.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:33 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post

There actually are some of us who DO like winter (and fall), as hard as that may be for some to comprehend.

gasp..r u serious!!! You mean there are people like me out there who enjoy wearing a sweater and gloves! No way.... phew I thought I was the only one

I actually enjoy Christmas feeling like Christmas, not a hot sweaty sticky sand infested Christmas. I think the people who grew up with the cold, snow etc. are the ones who hate it more than anyone. It was all they knew. Just like someone like me, who grew up in Florida, all I knew was hot sticky weather year after year after year, I never saw the leaves change or snow till I was 24 years old. For me, waking up in the morning and seeing my breath is refreshing, it was 38 the other morning and I woke up and I took a walk. Each to his own I suppose. And plus what would I do if I couldn't shop at LLBean!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:43 AM

672 posts, read 905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
gasp..r u serious!!! You mean there are people like me out there who enjoy wearing a sweater and gloves! No way.... phew I thought I was the only one

I actually enjoy Christmas feeling like Christmas, not a hot sweaty sticky sand infested Christmas. I think the people who grew up with the cold, snow etc. are the ones who hate it more than anyone. It was all they knew. Just like someone like me, who grew up in Florida, all I knew was hot sticky weather year after year after year, I never saw the leaves change or snow till I was 24 years old. For me, waking up in the morning and seeing my breath is refreshing, it was 38 the other morning and I woke up and I took a walk. Each to his own I suppose. And plus what would I do if I couldn't shop at LLBean!
My daughter went to college for 2 years in Maine. I loved going to LL Bean! I really miss getting set for the fall and winter seasons and getting out the sweaters, cords, etc.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
My daughter went to college for 2 years in Maine. I loved going to LL Bean! I really miss getting set for the fall and winter seasons and getting out the sweaters, cords, etc.
Oh I love fall, the leaves are starting to change up here now, its beautiful, the windows are putting out all their pumpkin displays and its really starting to feel like fall is on the way.My husband grew up in Northern Maine.. Now that is some cold weather, first killing frost in August, Snow for sure by Halloween, and didn't melt till first week of May. That is a winter to possibly complain about. Do you have any plans of moving back up north? Seems like u miss it an awful lot

Old 09-04-2007, 07:15 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,509,808 times
It's very strange to see stores down here selling fall decorations. And some places even have Christmas stuff out that says "Let It Snow". Weird.
I've spent the past 6 Christmas' in weather that was 80 or above [not by choice] & was just depressed.

I think it is hard to beat Fall & Christmas season up north.

But, come Feb, it is nice to have some warm weather like Florida.

Warm weather in Feb isn't keeping us here but it is a plus.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 AM

it isnt 80 degrees on christmas day ppl. you all are exaggerating a little bit. the avg temp in orlando (in january) is 62 degrees. am i missing something or are the "haters" back at it with the exaggerations?

Old 09-04-2007, 10:21 AM

The Average high in Naples Florida in November is 83 while December is 78 degrees.
Naples Florida Weather
. hmmm thats only 2 degrees off.I'd hardly consider 2 degrees exaggeration. Am I missing something or are the people who like to white wash Florida as a weather mecca utopia back at it again? orlando is 4 hours north of Naples. 4 hours north of me is snows in early to mid October, while we don't get snow till end of Nov or december.. 4 hours can make a big difference in weather

Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,509,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
it isnt 80 degrees on christmas day ppl. you all are exaggerating a little bit. the avg temp in orlando (in january) is 62 degrees. am i missing something or are the "haters" back at it with the exaggerations?
I wasn't necessarily talking about "Florida" nor did I mention it in that sentence. Chill out. I was in Texas & Australia the past 6 Christmas days. Sorry I wasn't super specific enough. It was a general discussion from the last few posts about warmer weather in the fall & winter time. And really don't see any "hating" going on when people talk about leaves & LL Bean.

Also never said I hated the place. Just don't care for it. We also don't live in Orlando so I don't comment on its weather. It's not the same as SW FL weather.

Might help to actually "read" posts b/c I then mention how nice the weather in utopia Florida is during Feb.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:47 PM

ease up... i take these posts with a grain of salt. maybe you should try to too!

oh, i guess i assumed, being it's a fla forum, and a few folks love to point out the negatives instead of the positives. and you cant say i am one of the ones on the opposite side of the spectrum, cause i clearly complain about orlando --- all the time!!!

cheer up. nobody's out to get you all --- 121804 and tarastomgirl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida