Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:22 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,277,658 times

Advertisements

thank you Nikki for your support!

You are absolutely correct!

And thanks SKB!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 04:30 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,036,553 times
Wink Good Luck!

Kelly,

I spoke to a friend of mine in the loan department of a local bank today. He said that banks nationally are greatly scrutinizing their loan processes, offering fewer mortgages to fewer people. He said that because many banks are holding all of these "overvalued" loans (loans higher than the reappraised values of many mortgages), there is an overriding concern that loan defaults will rise to an all-time high. To make a long story short, the banks are not going to offer loans, unless they are better protected in the process (higher down payments, sustainable and secure income, & better income to purchase ratios). He said that there is also the concern that housing prices will drop further next year... they do not want to speculate money on a home, that if an owner defaults, they find themselves further financially fragile.

You seem like a very decent person, who deserves this break of selling your home. I only share this as a point of reference... there would be nothing worse than feeling the disappointment of "not selling" even if the buyer still wants to buy. The contract that the potential buyer signs is virtually worthless to you if the loan cannot be secured. Please keep us posted as to how this works out!

Old 08-01-2007, 06:53 PM

thank you for the info.
I'm just crossing my fingers nad praying it works.
The offer comes in tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:57 PM

573 posts, read 2,443,410 times
alright I'm admitting my ignorance...It took me FOREVER to figure this out...

<3 is a HEART!!! Yay for me! ; ) - should start looking sideways more often!

Old 08-03-2007, 08:08 PM

144 posts, read 419,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
I pmed you!

If your buyer got cash for the house and has owned a house before I wouldn't worry about it.

We are running into 1st time buyers due to this being a starter house. I understand the money issue, most first timers have it.

Keep us posted!!!!
Kelly,

if it's not too late can they try and get a grant for first time homebuyers? I know some times it depends on the availability of funds but if they can get a grant or similar to help then that should make it go smoother for them.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:09 PM

we have two couples offering on the house tomorrow.
They ran into eachother at the house and are now in competition =)
One made a verbal, but we do not accept verbal offers so they are putting it in writting and the other is writting up their paperwork tomorrow morning.

AND Another couple is making an offer when they get back into town(today or tomorrow ) ....so they say.

God is good!

And the house is cute as all get out! =)

please keep us in yours prayers!

nikki, the people whos contract fell through are still trying to get money together and then make another offer.

.......ummmm, I think that's four possible offers in the next few days.
I know I KNOW ...until we hand them the keys we aren't sold, BUT I plan on handing keys away shortly.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:25 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,195,122 times
Quote:
One made a verbal, but we do not accept verbal offers so they are putting it in writting and the other is writting up their paperwork tomorrow morning.

AND Another couple is making an offer when they get back into town(today or tomorrow ) ....so they say.

God is good!

nikki, the people whos contract fell through are still trying to get money together and then make another offer.

I know I KNOW ...until we hand them the keys we aren't sold, BUT I plan on handing keys away shortly.
Even if they low ball you find a meeting point and take the money and run. You in the future will probably never see that offer that high again it will only go down maybe for years to come.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:31 PM

573 posts, read 2,443,410 times
Congrats! 4 offers, that's great!

Your prayers work wonders.....for all! We just got an offer TODAY for 10K less than our asking price...we are definitely taking it...it's only going to get worse and the prices are going to continue to drop. We have a contract in the works as I type this! They want to move into our home in less than a month...that's okay, we have been ready for MONTHS!

I know, it's not over till we close, but at least we can sleep a little better from now on...

Old 08-09-2007, 07:18 PM

good for you dd love!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We apprecaite your prayers as well!
...my prayers are just prayers, but my God is AWESOME and a good listener!

Old 08-09-2007, 07:36 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,036,553 times
Talking The value of quality

Quote:

God is good!

Congratulations!!!... four offers are almost unheard of in this lousy housing economy. I am certain that God may have had some influence upon your good fortune, but more of the credit should be given to you. You are selling a quality property at a fair price. You priced your house at a cost that encouraged its sale. Many sellers could learn from your reasonable expectations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida