Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 12:19 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
George Zimmerman, if convicted, will surely be murdered in prison, and if acquitted, will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.
He'd probably change his name and appearance and relocate to a different state.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:49 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Or he could hole-up with Casey Anthony...a match made in heaven (or hell)!

Old 04-16-2012, 04:23 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
The media had him at 260 lbs or so, at his real weight I don't think anyone would recognize him anyway if he grew his hair out. Everyone would be looking for a 260 lb man with a shaved head and he could just walk by at his 170 lbs with longer hair.

I do find it interesting that the media has not mentioned Zimmermans weight since we know now that he is nowhere near the 250-260 they originally reported.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:12 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
I live in cental Florida and the media portrayed this as a race-related murder. This case has been f***ed up from the beginning of the investigation. No one knew of Zimmerman's injuries. And everyone thought Martin was the ideal teen. The story was George shot Trayvon because he looked suspicious. Only now are we hearing of a real self-defense.

If the community Zimmerman guarded was so dangerous, why wasn't there paid security?
Was Trayvon Martin the innocent victim?
Did George Zimmerman over-react?
Did racial remarks spark the tragedy?
Why didn't the Sanford PD take care of this before it became a national media race-related blitz?

George Zimmerman, if convicted, will surely be murdered in prison, and if acquitted, will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

A tragic ending for both families.
From the pictures it looked like an average complex and wasn't that nice. Probably no money to pay anyone. Gated doesn't mean nice and expensive in Fl all the time.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Any solvent HOA probably has a good-sized liability insurance policy to cover 'incidents' in common/outdoor areas.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:04 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
Then public opinion will have forced Mr. Zimmerman (or the taxpayers) to unnecessarily spend a lot of money to go through a trial when the police who initially investigated the matter thought there was insufficient probable cause for an arrest.
Yes. It was the poor policing that seemed to be getting ready to absolve Zimmerman that caused the federal government to step in to oversee their operations, wasn't it?

Didn't the chief of police step down, too? The fish rots from the head down.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Here are a couple of "facts" this happened in a GATED COMMUNITY. Zimmerman was on the neighborhood watch. Now, lets see, Zimmerman sees someone who DOES NOT LIVE THERE. Stops him, wants to know what or why he is walking around there.(Trayvon was cutting through the neighborhood, he did not belong in this gated community) Zimmerman turns around, and then is attacked from behind by a 6'2" person getting clobbered in the back of the head and needing stitches, and breaking his nose when he was jumped. I'D USE MY GUN TOO IF THAT HAPPENED TO ME.
It is against the rules of the community to have a gun on you while patrolling. It is against the laws to confront, but call the police, who also told Z not to confront.

Treyvon was on the phone with a friend expressing concern that someone was following him. Treyvon was the voice that was heard, shortly afterwards, screaming for help. A witness saw Z on top of Treyvon.

Those are the facts.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
The media had him at 260 lbs or so, at his real weight I don't think anyone would recognize him anyway if he grew his hair out. Everyone would be looking for a 260 lb man with a shaved head and he could just walk by at his 170 lbs with longer hair.

I do find it interesting that the media has not mentioned Zimmermans weight since we know now that he is nowhere near the 250-260 they originally reported.
As remarked on by a previous poster, I do find it interesting that Zimmerman, originally weighing a lot, goes into hiding to prevent pictures being taken of him, and then come out remarkably thinner. Hmmmm.

Last edited by goldengrain; 04-16-2012 at 11:34 AM..

Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
As remarked on by a previous poster, I do find it interesting that Zimmerman, originally weighing a lot, goes into hiding to prevent pictures being taken of him, and then come out remarkably thinner. Hmmmm.
I'm sorry, but I don't know of anyone losing near 100lbs in 44 days...On the video from the SPD GZ did not look like he weighed 250lbs and that was taken 35 minutes after the shooting...

Old 04-16-2012, 02:48 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
It is against the rules of the community to have a gun on you while patrolling. It is against the laws to confront, but call the police, who also told Z not to confront.

Treyvon was on the phone with a friend expressing concern that someone was following him. Treyvon was the voice that was heard, shortly afterwards, screaming for help. A witness saw Z on top of Treyvon.

Those are the facts.
As with many, you have your "facts" wrong. GZ was on his way to the store running an errand when he spotted a suspicious looking Trayvon Martin in the neighborhood. He didn't recognize him as someone who lived in the community. Guess what? He was right!.

Amazing how you can select only the "Facts" that support your opinion. I believe for every witness that "saw" GZ on top of TM, there are at least two who saw it the other way around. Are you an expert in voice analysis such that you can determine that it was Trayvon screaming? Or are you just going by the affidavit that Trayvons' mother said it was her son, as though she doesn't have a motive for saying that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida