Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 03:28 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times

Advertisements

What if off duty LEO was standing in a deli buying potato salad for the bbq and a bad guy walks in to hold the place up? LEO stands there with his finger in his nose? Be real. Cops are ALWAYS on duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I will give an example...an off duty LEO who carries a gun to a family bar-b-que is a major macho d-bag...yes my brother in-law did that then decided to jump in my pool...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! Versus an off duty LEO riding the subway late at night on his way home...

Old 04-26-2012, 03:30 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
When Trayvon decided he "wasn't going down without a fight." he violated the civil rights of Z. He attacked Z and Z had the right and the power to
apply deadly force to neutralize the situation.

Liberals!

Quote:
The facts show GZ picked the wrong kid to screw with on many levels...Trayvon wasn't going down without a fight...he had to think that he(Trayvon)was being attacked.Which is what any sane person in the same position would believe!GZ found himself on the wrong end of a old fashioned whop ***** and like a coward pulled his gun to stop what he was too weak to do!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:58 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
Mike,
You were not there so you do not know that sequence of events to be factual, so please stop speaking on what anyone did that night as if you were an eye witness. None of us know what really happened. Only Trayvon, George and God knows what happened and prayerfully the TRUTH will come to the light.
What sequence of events? I laid out a scenario
Please point out one post where I said anything as if I was there.

I have pointed out things that have been reported, I have pointed out where some posters said untrue things, I have given my view on some things.

Never did I post anything as if I was an eyewitness.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I think it's a shame GZ ever got out of his car against the advice of the 911 operator.It could have all ended so peacefully if GZ had waited for the police to handle the matter.But he didn't GZ got out of his car because he knew he was carrying a weapon and was more than prepared to use it.He stalked a bigger younger man he thought was up to no good because he was safe in the knowledge that he(GZ) had a gun! A gun is a great equalizer in the hands of a coward!
As for looking out for your neighbor...if I saw someone walking past my neighbors house I wouldn't shoot the person dead to protect the property
I'm from a very strong law enforcement (NYPD) family...even off-duty cops didn't carry their guns on them when running out for milk...cops that did that were considered to be major macho d-baggers!
I am not happy with what happened but looking out for neighbors is what I was always taught to do. Not just call the police and hope they got there in time. I have had friends shot and killed, others very close to it, I have been shot. I will not just stand by and watch but that is just the way I was brought up.
I really don't think the idea of killing Trayvon was what was on Zman's mind when he first got out of the car but things took a bad turn. I could be wrong but just my opinion.
I have many family and friends that were NYPD, DEA, FBI, etc., my uncle was undercover DEA and never went anywhere without a gun. Not a major d-bagger at all, nor where any of the others that carried outside of work.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
Mike,
You were not there so you do not know that sequence of events to be factual, so please stop speaking on what anyone did that night as if you were an eye witness. None of us know what really happened. Only Trayvon, George and God knows what happened and prayerfully the TRUTH will come to the light.
What about the eye witness that has been quoted in the papers ? It seems like everyone just discounts that.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Agree but a neighborhood watchman on his way out on a Sunday night to buy milk doesn't need to be armed...and if he wasn't armed I can say with 100% certainty GZ would have stayed put and waited for LEO's ! He had gun muscles and it clouded his judgement!
If I was licensed and living in Sanford I would carry all the time. Sanford is not a nice area in my eyes.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Agree but a neighborhood watchman on his way out on a Sunday night to buy milk doesn't need to be armed...and if he wasn't armed I can say with 100% certainty GZ would have stayed put and waited for LEO's ! He had gun muscles and it clouded his judgement!
So, when would it be acceptable to carry your weapon? Do you have a better idea of when a person might find themselves in danger from an opportunistic thug? Is there anything at all that you carry with you because you might need it?

I cannot think of any reason to carry a firearm that could be reasonably discounted in any normal activity, except going somewhere that would be unlawful to carry, such as a courtroom or an airport. You can get mugged anywhere, anytime.

Do you use your seatbelt when driving? How about when you are just running out on a short errand?

Old 04-27-2012, 03:45 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
I rather not live in a world where I have to carry a gun to buy a quart of milk or bring it to a family function...I guess I walk on the wild side LOL! I also don't want to live in a world where my 17 year old son goes to the store for skittles and a soft drink and gets shot dead by a Dickless Tracy! But I appear to be in the minority!Trayvon was doing nothing wrong but walking to his father's home! That this should befall him is an outrage! There is no rewriting of history that can change the fact that a young man is dead! I am not a liberal...I'm a human being that doesn't think this country is served well by this kill or be killed mentality! As for Trayvon's mother she is being used as a tool for opportunists like Sharpton and company who exploit situations for their own gain,I feel nothing for pain for the poor woman!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
I rather not live in a world where I have to carry a gun to buy a quart of milk or bring it to a family function...I guess I walk on the wild side LOL! I also don't want to live in a world where my 17 year old son goes to the store for skittles and a soft drink and gets shot dead by a Dickless Tracy! But I appear to be in the minority!Trayvon was doing nothing wrong but walking to his father's home! That this should befall him is an outrage! There is no rewriting of history that can change the fact that a young man is dead! I am not a liberal...I'm a human being that doesn't think this country is served well by this kill or be killed mentality! As for Trayvon's mother she is being used as a tool for opportunists like Sharpton and company who exploit situations for their own gain,I feel nothing for pain for the poor woman!
Unfortunately there are some places where it is better to be armed just to go to the store.

To say Trayvon was just going to buy skittles and a drink and was shot dead simplifies the situation a bit too much. What matters is what happened when Zman left his car, Trayvon's reaction to that and who was the aggressor. Was Zman truly turning back to the car? Was Trayvon bashing his head? Did Zman just walk up to him and shoot?

I am sure this all will come out in the trial and then we can brace for more protests if the end result isn't what Sharpton and Jackson are aiming for.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:20 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
I will forever believe that if GZ didn't have the gun he would not have gotten out of his car and Trayvon would still be alive today...I don't think I am over simplifying anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida