Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
You do know there are racist in Seattle, they might just be better at hiding it...
But that's the difference. There are a lot of ignorant people in FL who think if you're white and they're white then you share their views.

There are racists everywhere. And people are entitled to their beliefs. But in other places they tend to keep their views to themselves, unless they know for sure there around like minded people.

I notice in FL people who don't know you start discussing topics like race, politics, and religion and telling their views. When you didn't ask and don't really want to know.

For example I was in a store that was going out of business and I said to the owner(who I don't know and never spoke to before) about how the economy is still doing poorly and sorry she was going out of business.

She starts talking about Obama in a very nasty way and then mentions a Tea Party meeting if I'm interested. All I said was "the economy doesn't seem to be improving".

I gave her no indication of my political views. This kind of thing has happened a few times.

As one poster said it has to do with education.

The better educated bigot knows when to keep quiet.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
But that's the difference. There are a lot of ignorant people in FL who think if you're white and they're white then you share their views. ALL THE TIME

There are racists everywhere. And people are entitled to their beliefs. But in other places they tend to keep their views to themselves, unless they know for sure there around like minded people.

I notice in FL people who don't know you start discussing topics like race, politics, and religion and telling their views. When you didn't ask and don't really want to know. AGAIN ALL THE TIME

For example I was in a store that was going out of business and I said to the owner(who I don't know and never spoke to before) about how the economy is still doing poorly and sorry she was going out of business.

She starts talking about Obama in a very nasty way and then mentions a Tea Party meeting if I'm interested. All I said was "the economy doesn't seem to be improving".

I gave her no indication of my political views. This kind of thing has happened a few times.

As one poster said it has to do with education.

This is sooo true, I can't tell you how many times this has consistently happened to me...it's been my experience that this behavior happens more so in Florida than any other state....it shocks me every single time I don't know what it is about the people in Florida, maybe the heat and humidity melts away their filters

Old 03-24-2012, 03:30 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,889,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
TXryan. I know I'm not a cracker. I already said that, but it doesn't change he fact that it was said and meant to be taken as a racist insult.

Why are you people defending racism? Amazing!
tonyff67, What can you do ?

It's an unfortunate part of our society. I personally don't have a racist bone in my body. There are a lot of people I don't like but race, nationality, religion, ect, ect, isn't the reason, however, (I'm a mixture of a lot of cultures and married to a black woman.) I'm light skinned (white) and it's a part of our society that we just have to take it because if we say something about it, WE'RE racist, atleast in the eyes of everyone else. Accept it, because it's not going away.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
LoL, I like that, that's the quote of the month !

Old 03-24-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post

This is sooo true, I can't tell you how many times this has consistently happened to me...it's been my experience that this behavior happens more so in Florida than any other state....it shocks me every single time I don't know what it is about the people in Florida, maybe the heat and humidity melts away their filters
That can't be true because Houston, TX is hotter than the deepest pits of hell and people, for the most part, don't do that here !

I think it may have something to do with certain types of people that relocate from other areas down to Florida. When I still lived there, I noticed that more often than not, most of the people I encountered that did that was from the Midwest.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:19 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
That can't be true because Houston, TX is hotter than the deepest pits of hell and people, for the most part, don't do that here ! Of course I was being facetious...

I think it may have something to do with certain types of people that relocate from other areas down to Florida. When I still lived there, I noticed that more often than not, most of the people I encountered that did that was from the Midwest.
I'd just like to point out...the majority of my experiences have been with "Native Floridians" born and raised here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
LoL, I like that, that's the quote of the month !
Quote:
The better educated bigot knows when to keep quiet
I agree!

Old 03-24-2012, 04:21 PM

128 posts, read 455,197 times
what people dont talk about is blacks seem a lot more hostile to whites, the last 25 years. and i understand that knowing the history of blacks in america. but dont hit me with a tude just because whites ruled over blacks for many centuries from the slave trade. and dont forget, back in the day when blacks were loaded unto ships in Ghana because high class black CAPTAINS sold their own. unfortunately, blacks were screwed from the beginning and it all started with the slavery, in Africa, selling their own.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:24 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool Florida View Post
what people dont talk about is blacks seem a lot more hostile to whites, the last 25 years. and i understand that knowing the history of blacks in america. but dont hit me with a tude just because whites ruled over blacks for many centuries from the slave trade. and dont forget, back in the day when blacks were loaded unto ships in Ghana because high class black CAPTAINS sold their own. unfortunately, blacks were screwed from the beginning and it all started with the slavery, in Africa, selling their own.
Scary

Old 03-24-2012, 05:26 PM

16 posts, read 48,363 times
If you have to ask the question, then you already know the answer. It's everywhere, unfortunately.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:46 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,739 times
ignorance/racism is a world thing...no place is exempt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida