Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 01:14 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,745,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by planthappy View Post
Anyone see this? I know nothing about this website, never saw it before.
CNN: Trayvon Martin Was Found GUILTY OF Aggravated Assault... | RedFlagNews.com

"00:06:14>> Vinnie, speaking of insult to injury, there were two verdicts read today.

00:06:17>> There was a verdict finding george zimmerman not guilty of manslaughter, and murder in the second delegate.

00:06:25>> But there was also a verdict finding trayvon martin guilty of aggravated assault."

Seems like the civil suits would cancel each other out huh?
Sounds like more Internet garbage. GZ was the only one on trial and there was no mention of it in the verdict that was read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 01:37 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
Florida is very lucky to have Stand Your Ground laws. A lot of states don't protect their citizens with this law. I bet most on this board don't even realize how much better their lives are because of this law. While SYG laws played zero role in Zimmerman's trial (because it didn't apply), the law was unfairly tarnished by people ignorant to its true meaning, and those such as Eric Holder who want to use it to deflect attention away from damaging issues to the President such as NSA, Benghazi, etc.

The law particularly protects black citizens. Black Floridians have made about a third of the state's total SYG claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida's population (this shows the black population is taking full advantage of SYG laws).

Assume someone threatens a black Floridian in public, they're in a legal place and doing nothing illegal.....and then the assailant brings out a tire iron and is advancing on them with pretty clear intent to swing. In a non-SYG state, the black person is obliged legally to retreat if possible, before they employ deadly force, and be able to show afterwards that they either attempted to retreat or was unable to retreat.

In an SYG state such as Florida, they have no duty to attempt to retreat.

All black Flordians, and all Floridians for that matter, should be shouting from their rooftops how much greater their lives are for SYG and tell people like Anderson Cooper and his Vanderbilt money to go straight to hell....and tell Holder the same thing, too, while they're at it.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:33 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
This country just needs to get rid of it's guns and none of this nonsense would have even happened.

common sense, really.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:45 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
This country just needs to get rid of it's guns and none of this nonsense would have even happened.

common sense, really.
That would be in violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. Don't penalize the rights of millions of lawful gun owners (who collectively own over 100 hundred million guns) because of the misuse of firearms by criminals. That would be akin to making beer illegal because of drunk drivers.

I argue that every American should carry a gun. Criminals don't target people they know are carrying guns. They prey on the weak non-gun carriers.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:05 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
TM left the store at 6:24pm & GZ called police at 7:09pm. That is a full 45 minutes & it only takes 9 minutes to walk from 7-11 to where GZ first spotted him walking in yards next to houses & stareing at them. It only takes 12 minutes to walk from 7-11 to his dad's GF house. TM spent 36 minutes scoping out houses instead of walking home. Anyone doing that is suspect. Police found a slim jim bugular tool in bush where TM hid.

Trayvon Martin likely knew more about Stand Your Ground law than George Zimmerman. TM's parents have been going after SYG law even though it had nothing to do with TM's death. TM often wore his Cory Craig Johnson button as he did the night he was killed. Cory Craig Johnson's death is why the Martin family have such a keen interest in defeating the “Stand-Your-Ground” law. JOHNSON v. STATE No. 82-369.

So now since he did not go home in a desire time period he must have been scoping out houses? That is pathetic! Look at the map of the place before you take your next hit of meth, because there were no bushes that he could have hid behind The slim jim could have been there and there was no evidence i.e finger prints that stated that it was his in the first place. I guess using some sort of sense you could have watched the video camera at the store and seen if he had anything on him, considering the the clerk did not think that he was susipious so why did zimmerman?

How in the hell do you know what Trayvon knew? If he really knew he would have been carrying a gun himself Apparently you like to make up things while you are high.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
As a neighborhood watch person, Zimmerman was doing his job. Martin looked suspicious, so he followed him. Given some of the facts about Martin that have come out after the incident (prior burglary and assault), Zimmerman had every reason to be suspicious of Martin. Frankly, this country needs millions of more people like Zimmerman who stand up to the criminals.
It sure does, because if I caught some creepy dude following a kid like that in my neighborhood I'm going to bust a cap in that azz!

Considering you convienatly ignored zimmerman's criminal record your arguement is totally invalid

Old 07-19-2013, 04:22 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It sure does, because if I caught some creepy dude following a kid like that in my neighborhood I'm going to bust a cap in that azz!

Considering you convienatly ignored zimmerman's criminal record your arguement is totally invalid
So you shoot innocent people? Good to know who we are speaking to here.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
So you shoot innocent people? Good to know who we are speaking to here.

Oh, so it is ok for zimmerman to shoot an innocent person but no one else should do it? I live near a trailor park and there have been a rash of roberries in my neighborhood. Granted we do not have a neighborhood watch, but I 'm tired of those punks breaking into houses and throwing garbage cans on the street in front of ongoing cars. The next time that I see one of them I should follow them and find out what they are up to as well.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:53 PM

984 posts, read 4,318,031 times
Can we all stop arguing like that? What's that gonna lead to? There will be people for Trayvon and other for Zimmerman, and there are good reasons and points in both sides, fact. Independently of everybody's opinion, we should honor the name of the boy killed, not arguing like or politicizing guns and inciting divisions; that was a tragedy and really sad. And the laws are the laws, the constitution must be fully followed, otherwise this isn't really America anymore. Even if they're controversial and not perfect.

Note: I'm fully neutral regarding what happened...certainly don't wanna get into that kind of subject to argue...especially with a man's life basically destroyed and the boy's life over.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:17 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Oh, so it is ok for zimmerman to shoot an innocent person but no one else should do it? I live near a trailor park and there have been a rash of roberries in my neighborhood. Granted we do not have a neighborhood watch, but I 'm tired of those punks breaking into houses and throwing garbage cans on the street in front of ongoing cars. The next time that I see one of them I should follow them and find out what they are up to as well.
That is fine and if they happen to attack you and you fear for your life then feel free to shoot them because they would then be committing a crime just as Martin was when he attacked Zimmerman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida