Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 06:30 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,896,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If this is suppose to be humor, it isn't funny.
Unfortunately, it is the way some people look at things....such as Sharpton and Jackson etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 PM

557 posts, read 736,749 times
Martin was a thug who would if wound up a victim in a drive by shooting in a few years anyway or ended up doing life in prison, so either way he would be gone . Zimmerman was an idiot for trying to play cop. Look at what it cost him. It's not over wait until so Johnny Conchran wanna be hits him with a civil suit and looses everything.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,821,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Martin was a thug who would if wound up a victim in a drive by shooting in a few years anyway or ended up doing life in prison, so either way he would be gone . Zimmerman was an idiot for trying to play cop. Look at what it cost him. It's not over wait until so Johnny Conchran wanna be hits him with a civil suit and looses everything.
True, but at this point there is much more that Zimmerman can loose.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
True, but at this point there is much more that Zimmerman can loose.
True. The people who can't see the validity of the verdict are basically a bunch of loons and you never know when one of them will go off.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:41 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,080 times
Ok guys, I'm going to give my 2 cents. Both sides of this argument make valid points, but both sides are making up make believe facts. There is not enough evidence either way to make a conclusive judgement. It could have happened like Zimmerman said, or it could be that Martin was an innocent victim. Nothing more than he said, she said, except we only hear one side of the story.

Several things jump out to me.

1. Both Zimmerman and Martin have questionable character issues. However, those are irrelevant to this case. People are trying to use past indiscretions against one side or the other while ignoring the facts of this case. What happened in the past should have zero bearing on this case.

2. There is no evidence suggesting Martin was doing anything wrong. He was out getting Skittles at a local convenience store at 7:00 P.M. in the evening. Is that a crime?

3. There is zero evidence suggesting which person started the fight. We know Zimmerman pursued Martin and thought he looked "suspicious", but we don't know who threw the first punch. Anyone who thinks they know for sure is delusional.

4. Zimmerman was an overzealous neighborhood watch captain carrying a gun around. He was looking for trouble and trouble found him.

5. Zimmerman was not a cop and had no authority to boss Martin around or demand cooperation. It was ok to approach Martin and ask what he was doing there, but Martin had no obligation to answer Zimmerman's questions. At that point, Martin should have walked away and Zimmerman should have called the cops. That is where Zimmerman's involvement should have ended.

6. The police did a disgraceful job of investigating the case.

7. By the time the case got to a prosecutor, it was a losing case. It was only tried because of political action groups raising hell. There was not enough evidence for the prosecution to go on. Whether that was due to the police screwing up the case, racism, good ole boy network, or what I don't know. All I know is that this was a lousy case. The only way they were ever gonna get a conviction is due to juror sympathy for Martin, and that was never gonna happen.

8. Zimmerman's defense team was outstanding. They really took full advantage of the prosecutions' incompetence and lack of evidence. Not that that was so difficult, but still.

In the end, my personal opinion is that I think Zimmerman was in the wrong, but that is just my opinion. You cannot convict a man based on personal opinion alone. You must go by facts. At the end of the day, the facts were not there.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:27 PM

549 posts, read 456,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
1. Both Zimmerman and Martin have questionable character issues.
Absolutely! Zimmerman is a law-abiding citizen who wanted to be a cop. This is at least as bad as Martin’s being a gang member involved in thefts and trying to buy a gun illegally.

My liberal friends, don’t let the facts confuse you. Keep posting baseless non-sense vividly illustrating your departure from the world of reality.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
5. Zimmerman was not a cop and had no authority to boss Martin around or demand cooperation. It was ok to approach Martin and ask what he was doing there, but Martin had no obligation to answer Zimmerman's questions. At that point, Martin should have walked away and Zimmerman should have called the cops. That is where Zimmerman's involvement should have ended.

6. The police did a disgraceful job of investigating the case.
5. Where on earth do you get that Z-man was bossing TM around?

6. Actually, the police did a GREAT job. They knew it was clearly self defense and knew that Z-man did not have a racist bone in his body, thus it should not be brought to court. As it turns out, they were right. Too bad the "Big Mouth in Chief" had to open his trap again, just like the "the cops acted stupidly" comment he made years ago. What a waste of tax payer's money, the court system's time and the toll it has taken on the not guilty Z-man and his family. If I was Z-man, I would be thinking about suing for damages.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:22 AM

30,344 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcontroller View Post
No delusion here. J Cole and Drake wouldn't bust a grape. Drake is a constant source of laughs for everyone. Now if you said the fake Rick Ross, then I would have agreed with you. Also, other genres talking about sex, drugs, etc. Are there rappers who glorify sex, drugs, and violence? Absolutely. Is it the popular thing in music right now? Nope which was the point others were making.

Things are hipster these days and everyone too busy poppin pills, smoking weed, sipping lean, and alcohol. This also goes for all races. The main topic these days is the whole "molly" craze.

No worries, but you weren't being factual. You were spreading lies from propaganda that has been continuously beaten into your psyche for decades. I agree with you on the slave to political correctness.

What lies and what propaganda? All information ponted out was factual unless you can point to something I said and have information that disputes it. I grew up in a majority black town, went to school at a majority black school, rode a bus to school in which I was the lone white guy, and I've played on numerous basketball teams in which I was the only white guy. I know what it's like to be a minority in a group and be intimidated by the majority.

I was impressed with Trayvon's parents and the attorney they hired given the situation. I just don't think there was anything close to reaching "beyond a reasonable doubt" that GZ didn't have a justifiable belief he could defend himself.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:34 AM

6 posts, read 6,201 times
Can you imagine what will happen if Aaron Hernandez beats the Odin Loyd murder charge?

I realize it's a different set of circumstances but Hispanic assailant, black victim all over again.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 AM

It appears all has been said that can be said and people will believe what they want to, so not much more needs to be said or presented. I wish everyone the best. Peace out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida