Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 01:41 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,941,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree, pretty mild so far. I'm still out riding my bike every day and working in my garden. My hubs is outside right now working on his project motorcycle. I have always thought Florida summers were FAR better than the "deep south" states - I couldn't even breathe when we went to South Carolina -

That said I will be looking forward to fall!
It as been wonderfully mild for July so far. I, too look forward to Autumn. I love temps in the 80's and overnight lows in the low 70s to high 60s with a slight bit of humidity. One day, I'll find a place like that year round
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 01:49 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,491,223 times
agree - that was an uncalled-for post by that person who has no clue what any of us has done today in or outside of the house.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
agree - that was an uncalled-for post by that person who has no clue what any of us has done today in or outside of the house.
Posting history reveals a bitter Betty. I responded once, bit won't engage such silliness going forward.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:27 PM

5,033 posts, read 7,239,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
It as been wonderfully mild for July so far. I, too look forward to Autumn. I love temps in the 80's and overnight lows in the low 70s to high 60s with a slight bit of humidity. One day, I'll find a place like that year round
Here ya go:

Honolulu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe a little too humid, but the temps sound about right.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:32 PM

552 posts, read 721,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
This summer seems to be much easier to deal with - less heat/humidity.

Still a long way to go until summer is over.
That's because the damn sun doesn't want to come out, at least where I live. It is keeping the temp down but now I cant go outside without getting eaten alive.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:35 PM

552 posts, read 721,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
very mild summer IMO.. years before have been so oppressive its been hard to get to the car... I'm hoping this will carry over to winter and we'll get a good chilly one!
If you want a chilly winter you could always try New Hampshire.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:57 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,514,813 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty soupy in summer, but less so than the Deep South. If one lives within a few miles of the coast, it's not that bad, that often. I'm in my apartment on the Gulf Coast near Tampa Bay. My AC is not on in my 2nd story apt and it's only 75 in here.

Just in case you thought we were like a greenhouse all summer here.
I honestly think you're blind - or your thermostat is broken (or maybe you just had a big thunderstorm).

I live 2 miles from the Atlantic Ocean - and - at 2 pm - our house is never 75 (or anywhere near it) without the A/C (or a big cooling storm) this time of year.

I have lived in Florida for 40+ years - SE and NE - always on or near the coast. July and August and early September - highs are always high 80's to low 90's - with dawn temps perhaps in the low to mid 70's. It's humid too.

I am quite used to the weather. Although I can't say I love the weather this time of year - I do golf in the afternoon - sometimes do a little gardening - stuff like that. I also like the humidity (I am 65 and have never had to use moisturizer on my face ). Still - if there's not even a tiny bit of cloud cover - it can be pretty oppressive in the afternoon. And you have to remember to hydrate - use sunscreen - etc. - etc.

BTW - we just had a regular late afternoon thunderstorm and it's now 78. Before the storm - when I was driving home from Costco - it was 86 out here at the Beaches (91 5 miles inland). Robyn

Old 07-20-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
I honestly think you're blind - or your thermostat is broken (or maybe you just had a big thunderstorm).

I live 2 miles from the Atlantic Ocean - and - at 2 pm - our house is never 75 (or anywhere near it) without the A/C (or a big cooling storm) this time of year.

I have lived in Florida for 40+ years - SE and NE - always on or near the coast. July and August and early September - highs are always high 80's to low 90's - with dawn temps perhaps in the low to mid 70's. It's humid too.

I am quite used to the weather. Although I can't say I love the weather this time of year - I do golf in the afternoon - sometimes do a little gardening - stuff like that. I also like the humidity (I am 65 and have never had to use moisturizer on my face ). Still - if there's not even a tiny bit of cloud cover - it can be pretty oppressive in the afternoon. And you have to remember to hydrate - use sunscreen - etc. - etc.

BTW - we just had a regular late afternoon thunderstorm and it's now 78. Before the storm - when I was driving home from Costco - it was 86 out here at the Beaches (91 5 miles inland). Robyn
My apt was 75, it was high 80s outside. My apt stays cool until around 5pm. Here on the West Coast, southern exposure will save one hundreds on one's electric bill.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Here ya go:

Honolulu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe a little too humid, but the temps sound about right.
Yes. I think Oahu and parts of Maui are Paradise. If only I could afford it!

Old 07-20-2013, 05:06 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty soupy in summer, but less so than the Deep South. If one lives within a few miles of the coast, it's not that bad, that often. I'm in my apartment on the Gulf Coast near Tampa Bay. My AC is not on in my 2nd story apt and it's only 75 in here.

Just in case you thought we were like a greenhouse all summer here.
Very subjective topic as some like it mid 90\s with all the humidity others like me start to wilt in any temperatures over 80, Not to bash the heat but if at 85 degrees you are sweating profusely, breaking out in heat hives and experiencing heart palpitations you arent going to be in agreement that Floridas summer climate isnt so bad..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida