Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 08:53 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,839,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoslka View Post
Just wondering if there were any plans at all for this state since it appears with sea level rise most of the current coastal areas will be gone by 2100.. That's really not very long away. Conservative seal level rise estates put much of Miami, Tampa, St Pete under a couple feet of water.
Unless such a thing suddenly occurs overnight, people will probably gradually learn to build coastal property on dry ground, sometime during the next 86 years. --- Oh wait, they already know how to do that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 01:31 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
The thing that is really a shame is that all these science deniers are mostly on the twilight of the their life and won't see it happening meanwhile they find ways to deny the gradual change.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:26 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,464,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoslka View Post
Just wondering if there were any plans at all for this state since it appears with sea level rise most of the current coastal areas will be gone by 2100.. That's really not very long away. Conservative seal level rise estates put much of Miami, Tampa, St Pete under a couple feet of water.
When I have asked this question the general answer seems to be denial.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:33 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,464,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why are those who believe that global warming is happening referred to as fanatics?
And why does the rightwing so desperately feel the need to deny this reality of global warming?
Its warming up,
Climate Change: Evidence
because it would prove they have been lying for years. And it would force them to change their ways. Better to ruin the earth instead.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:39 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,082,060 times
U.S. Sen. Whitehouse [D] RI made a statement that 'sports stadiums are at risk from rising sea levels' and 'because of a lack of snow, he would not be able to ski on the slopes of Rhode Island'.
I'm sure he has some kind of tax to impose on us to stop sports stadiums from being flooded.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:57 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,335,112 times
Global cooling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global cooling was a conjecture during the 1970s of imminent cooling of the Earth's surface and atmosphere culminating in a period of extensive glaciation. This hypothesis had little support in the scientific community, but gained temporary popular attention due to a combination of a slight downward trend of temperatures from the 1940s to the early 1970s and press reports that did not accurately reflect the full scope of the scientific climate literature, i.e., a larger and faster-growing body of literature projecting future warming due to greenhouse gas emissions. The current scientific opinion on climate change is that the Earth has not durably cooled, but undergone global warming throughout the 20th century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RyNSzQDaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9TX7aJQe6s

Old 11-28-2013, 10:06 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,174,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
These horror predictions made up are always always on the "conservative" side. Just more doom and gloom from the money making scientists.

Sea levels have risen by like 3 inches every century for the past 5 ones or so. Yeah, it's just soooo believable that sea levels are going to suddenly rise by up to 48 inches by 2100. That would mean that sea levels are rising by .4-.5 inches a year. Sea levels here in my town don't look any higher or lower than they did ten or fifteen years ago.
I live on Belle Island on the Venetian and have been here for 12 years. The sea level at high tides vis-a-vis the sea walls along Belle Island and those on the west side of South Beach seems higher to me in just twelve years. So, .5 inch a year? Yeah, that sounds about right to me.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:15 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,631,309 times
Damn. Maybe it is time for me to learn how to swim

Old 11-29-2013, 09:04 AM

564 posts, read 1,880,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
U.S. Sen. Whitehouse [D] RI made a statement that 'sports stadiums are at risk from rising sea levels' and 'because of a lack of snow, he would not be able to ski on the slopes of Rhode Island'.
I'm sure he has some kind of tax to impose on us to stop sports stadiums from being flooded.

He hasn't found anything he doesn't want to tax. I'd like to apologize to the rest fo the country for him. I'm sorry he's from my state. I'm sorry he's in office.

The climate change crowd would have more credibility if their scientists weren't constantly hiding data, misrepresenting data, and promoting a blatantly leftist agenda (we callt hem watermelons- green on the outside, red on the inside).

That being said, how about we just build dikes like they have in Holland? and divert the overflow into the sinkholes?

New scandal as 'Climate Gate' scientists accused of hiding data from global warming sceptics | Mail Online

Row over IPCC report as nations 'try to hide lack of climate change’ - Telegraph

Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis - Forbes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida