Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:23 PM

8 posts, read 47,383 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I am looking to purchase a rental condominium in a bundled golf community, which I intend to rent at the outset, and to which I would like to eventually retire. I am not looking to exceed $200,000, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to whether it would be better to purchase in Naples or Fort Myers, and why. I sincerely thank you all in advance for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 06:34 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,155,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenayla View Post
Hello everyone. I am looking to purchase a rental condominium in a bundled golf community, which I intend to rent at the outset, and to which I would like to eventually retire. I am not looking to exceed $200,000, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to whether it would be better to purchase in Naples or Fort Myers, and why. I sincerely thank you all in advance for your replies.
Please DM member with info, don't post in the thread.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:19 PM

My apologies. If I contradicted any rules, please feel free to inform me of such, so that I will do not it again, and/or remove the post.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:58 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,155,464 times
Quote:
My apologies. If I contradicted any rules, please feel free to inform me of such, so that I will do not it again, and/or remove the post.
You did nothing wrong , some members will reply and start posting the info and we get into advertising etc.... Great question... Have you received any replies?

Old 01-21-2008, 05:03 PM

Thank you for the kind words. I see where you were going with it. Unfortunately, no replies. I will be coming to see the areas first hand, but I sure do wish I would receive some replies, in order to ensure that I do not lose valuable time checking out an area that turns out to be of no interest.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:08 PM

672 posts, read 904,941 times
The only place I have seen with that price range in Naples is in a 55+ mostly trailers or manufactured homes. I think the course is open to the public too. I don't think they want the name given.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:13 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times
Yep, if that's all you can do, you're best to head to Ft Myers. Naples is very expensive, especially if you're looking for a gated golf course community.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM

Thank you for the replies, but how is Fort Myers, compared to Naples, with regards to crime and beauty of the surroundings. I have read a lot of negative things about Fort Myers, including the sewage that runs through the river? I know I should go and see it first hand, but, better to have something in mind, that to enter blindly.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:20 PM

672 posts, read 904,941 times
Default You should come down and rent

Quote:
Thank you for the replies, but how is Fort Myers, compared to Naples, with regards to crime and beauty of the surroundings. I have read a lot of negative things about Fort Myers, including the sewage that runs through the river? I know I should go and see it first hand, but, better to have something in mind, that to enter blindly.
and look around for yourself at different areas. You can get weekly rentals just about anywhere now. The problem you will have is that you a want bundled golf community. That isn't going to be cheap.

I have a condo we are willing to rent/sell (under $200). Email me if you are interested.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:24 PM

45 posts, read 171,793 times
Have you checked out the Gateway area in Ft. Myers? Prices are dropping every day (and will continue to do so for a while, I'd say), and it's near SW Florida International Airport. There are also a few other places along Daniels (street in front of the airport) that seem pretty nice. Eagle Ridge comes to mind, and it's a bit closer to "town." There are some realty sites out there that have great interactive maps and even show you how much prices on a home have been reduced.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is how much you'll be able to charge for rent. Rents here are dropping and occupency levels are their lowest in a while. Keep watching the market and reading the local papers before you buy. The News Press is the paper in Lee County (Ft. Myers), and they've been having more and more articles about the flailing real estate market and high unemployment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida