Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:31 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,158,830 times

Advertisements

Please provide useful and correct info, insults or rude posts are not allowed.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 02:35 PM

6 posts, read 27,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrv712 View Post
Hello everyone! I will also be moving to the Miami area in a couple of months. I will be working at the Miami VA Hospital, so I would prefer a short commute time and live in Miami. However, my dog, who some people immediately identify as a pitbull, although he is mixed, is probably not allowed in Miami (From what I hear). If I will be working in the Miami VA hospital, where is the closest town/city, etc. I can live in that is outside of Miami-Dade County and that is a nice neighborhood (very low crime)? About how long of a commute?

Thank you so much.
How did your move with your dog go? I too have a pitbull mix and am considering a job at the Miami VA as well.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:11 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Your going to have a hard time finding a rental with a Pit in Miami-Dade. Try looking for a place just north in Broward county were they are allowed. You would just need to commute into to Miami, which isn't great. But you will have an easier time finding a rental in Broward County.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 5,145 times
Are there any bans or fines on pitbulls in Valushia county Florida?

Old 10-31-2011, 07:42 PM

161 posts, read 412,670 times
I don't think there is a ban on pits in Volusia County, you can google it but it's spelled Volusia

Old 10-31-2011, 08:51 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,041 times
Rick Scott should do something worthwhile for once and ban pitbulls statewide

Old 11-01-2011, 07:02 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Even if there is a state wide ban, doesn't mean all dogs considered Pits will just disappear out of the state. I live in Miami-Dade where there is a ban on pitbulls, yet there are at least 6 in my neighborhood. Cops just turn their head when they see them, unless the dog is a problem then they will do something about them. So even if a ban is put in place, it will not get rid of the breeds.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 PM

261 posts, read 704,990 times
It always amazes me how casually people support killing thousands of animals who have done nothing wrong other than be born looking a certain way. Imagine if we were talking about people. My neighbor lets his dogs run loose (lab mix looking) and they are totally aggressive. I have to time it just right when I pass that area on my motorcycle to make sure I don't end up flying over the handlebars when they try to chase me.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,898 times
am hoping to move to florida and I have a pitbull also. Have you heard anything lately about new places in florida banning dogs other than DADE?

Old 04-07-2012, 10:20 PM

101 posts, read 272,243 times
Default just wanted to chime in here

we've been discussing this on the fortmyer/capecoral board recently. If you plan on renting it will be extremely difficult to find an apartment to rent to you- pitbulls and the others on the "list" basically are not allowed due to insurance issues. Many apartment complexes also have weight limits that you need to consider. Your only option is a private home to rent. You may find one, but it will cost you more in security deposit but also some charge more every month to cover damages from animals.

We have a shepherd and almost had to get rid of them before moving because we couldn't find any place that would rent to us. If you plan on buying, just beware that 50% of the companies will not write your policy if you have one of those dogs. The other 50% will have higher rates and your final option is citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida