Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 11:46 PM

786 posts, read 627,647 times

Advertisements

I can only speak for Kissimmee and St. Cloud, they are not banned and lots of people around here have pits. Apartment complexes are a no-go and private landlords whose property belong to HOA will not allow them. You will NEED Renters Insurance no doubt, and the best place to not be bothered is going to be in an isolated rural area.

If you are in a position to buy, life will be much easier, just find someplace without an HOA and you are set. Keep in mind Homeowners insurance isnt cheap here, and with large breeds it will be even higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 08:42 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I have a small pit mix who is friendlier to people than our golden retriever is. She is waggy, she prances and wiggles - no joke. This dog's picture is in the dictionary under: UNintimidating. We have never had anyone deny her a place to stay. She's a mix under 45 pounds.
Because she’s a mix and you can’t prove her ‘breed’ , you lie about the pit part or she doesn’t look ‘pit’.

She can be as waggy and wiggly as she wants, doesn’t matter when it comes to the banned list.... glad you were able to get around it.. for now.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:38 PM

786 posts, read 627,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Because she’s a mix and you can’t prove her ‘breed’ , you lie about the pit part or she doesn’t look ‘pit’.

She can be as waggy and wiggly as she wants, doesn’t matter when it comes to the banned list.... glad you were able to get around it.. for now.

Just tell everyone its a American Staffordshire Terrier Mix... sounds less Pittbully.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfenn006 View Post
Just tell everyone its a American Staffordshire Terrier Mix... sounds less Pittbully.
That breed is usually on the list too.

Old 03-27-2021, 12:21 PM

17,399 posts, read 16,540,182 times
Quote:

She looks like a little pit mix. We didn't know for sure what breed she was until we doggy DNA tested her. She has a lot of Staffy in her and you can see the Staffy but, like I said, she is probably the sweetest, least aggressive dog that I've ever met.

She grew up around kids and played with them - our kids and their friends - in the backyard like their partner in crime. We took her on walks along crowded beaches from the time she was just a couple of months old. She has been well socialized.

It is not a lie at all to say that she is a mix. She is a mix. It's also not a lie to say that until fairly recently we did not know for sure what her genetic makeup is but on walks people have asked us if she's a pitty. It's not something that I really think about until I see threads like this and then I start to worry about breed discrimination.

Also, we got this dog as a rescue thinking that she was a lab mix. She was literally in a box of puppies being given away in a store parking lot. She does have some lab in her, too.

Old 03-27-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
That breed is usually on the list too.
German Shepherds also make some lists but I have never met a mean German Shepherd. For the most part they are lovable goofs.

Old 03-28-2021, 05:11 AM

Quote:
German Shepherds also make some lists but I have never met a mean German Shepherd. For the most part they are lovable goofs.
And? We can all say we met a nice dog that’s on the banned list... but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s still on the list.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:58 AM

Quote:
And? We can all say we met a nice dog that’s on the banned list... but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s still on the list.
I don't agree with arbitrary breed discrimination and I would refuse to live in an area that practiced it.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I would far rather live in a building with a bunch of goofy, well socialized German Shepherds than a building filled with yappy little dogs.

Old 03-29-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
I don't agree with arbitrary breed discrimination and I would refuse to live in an area that practiced it.
Then don’t, but good luck renting. Not only do landlords and apartments complexes have this list, so of HOAs and condo associations.

The OP would be better off buying a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida