Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Connecticut or Florida a better place to raise a family?
Connecticut 43 50.00%
Florida 32 37.21%
Both are good 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 06:59 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
The way most of the roads and houses are up there, it's all ghetto. I'll take new construction, no potholes, central air and no income/car tax all day.

Plus, it's a heckuva lot easier to shovel sunshine...
Bizarre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 08:28 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
The way most of the roads and houses are up there, it's all ghetto. I'll take new construction, no potholes, central air and no income/car tax all day.

Plus, it's a heckuva lot easier to shovel sunshine...
Huh? Most of CT's towns are beautiful with downtowns that look like a movie set. Have you ever been here?!

Old 10-30-2016, 10:06 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Does it bother you that FL isn't superior?

Ah, but it is one of the top 10 places people are moving to and not away from.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:10 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Ah, but it is one of the top 10 places people are moving to and not away from.
I wonder why. Pick any place with warm weather that's relatively cheap and people will move there. Look at all the growth in the South in recent years. That's what a lot of people want. But it doesn't make those states better...so if that's your argument? Good luck.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:15 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
I wonder why. Pick any place with warm weather that's relatively cheap and people will move there. Look at all the growth in the South in recent years. That's what a lot of people want. But it doesn't make those states better...so if that's your argument? Good luck.
"Better" is totally subjective. The states people are moving to are better for THEM. I don't care if anyone thinks Florida is "better" or "worse" than anyplace else, all I know is Florida is better for ME!

Old 10-30-2016, 10:26 AM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
"Better" is totally subjective. The states people are moving to are better for THEM. I don't care if anyone thinks Florida is "better" or "worse" than anyplace else, all I know is Florida is better for ME!
Exactly. But you have some trying to convince others in this thread that FL is clearly superior to CT and the rest of the Northeast....in every way! If only everyone had your attitude.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:51 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
I agree. A lot of people migrated to the southern parts of the country over the years.

I'm not arguing anything. Where did I say one state is better than the other? I only posted links to reliable sources that state a lot of people are leaving CT. CT is a beautiful state in most areas. Just like FL, stay away from the urban areas. I had a cousin who lived in Wesport for years. I remember it as a wonderful town. Pricey, but nice.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:56 AM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I agree. A lot of people migrated to the southern parts of the country over the years.

I'm not arguing anything. Where did I say one state is better than the other? I only posted links to reliable sources that state a lot of people are leaving CT. CT is a beautiful state in most areas. Just like FL, stay away from the urban areas. I had a cousin who lived in Wesport for years. I remember it as a wonderful town. Pricey, but nice.
Why stay away from the urban areas? They aren't all bad. Me personally, I wouldn't be able to stand living in a non-urban area. But I'd definitely rather live in urban CT than urban FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida