Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 02:39 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Which Publix stores do you think have higher prices and bad customer service?
I believe he is referring to the ones near him in SFL?

There are a few Publix stores I've seen here and there that have been rather lackluster. The one near my office downtown Orlando is pretty bad.

But the vast majority of the ones I've seen have been nothing short of great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 02:43 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I believe he is referring to the ones near him in SFL?

There are a few Publix stores I've seen here and there that have been rather lackluster. The one near my office downtown Orlando is pretty bad.

But the vast majority of the ones I've seen have been nothing short of great.
There is an occasional Publix that you have to wonder how they've managed to keep the "Publix" name on their building. Hillsborough and Habana in Tampa is a perfect example. Dirty, rude... You'd think you were in a Winn Dixie.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:45 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,414,037 times
Nevermind .. Carolina Knight is lost in space..Cannot read back posts nor respond properly to them. I give up !!!!

Old 07-24-2018, 02:51 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
I can always think of Publix #23, Riverbridge Center, 6790 Forest Hill Boulevard, Greenacres, Florida 33413-3351. Publix #23 was the first Publix I ever shopped it. It did not have pharmacy and liquors and had turntable checkout lanes in 1994.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:10 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
I’ve been to many Publix stores in Palm Beach county and can only think of one that I didn’t think was worth it.

In any case, still looking forward to the Manalapan store. They’ve been hiring and getting ready to move some staff around.

The exterior is really nice; fits in well with the area.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:23 PM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Just curious - what is everyone's fixation with "customer service" at a grocery store? I mean, it's essentially a warehouse of food where you push a cart around and hand pick your own items, right? I can count on one hand the times I've actually needed customer service at a grocery store and it's been on the rare occasion that I've ordered a cake, party platter, special order, etc. and even those times you can order it online or over the phone and simply pick it up without much human interaction (unless they screw it up, which Publix does regularly with my online deli orders). Because to me, I want as little interaction as possible - it slows me down from getting in and out of there as efficiently as possible.

The only difference I have noticed at Publix vs. many other grocery chains is that when you're pushing your cart through the aisles or checking out employees will ask "How are you doing today?" or "Can I help you find anything?"......well, no. I've been here 1,000 times I know exactly where everything is.

I don't get it.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:28 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Just curious - what is everyone's fixation with "customer service" at a grocery store? I mean, it's essentially a warehouse of food where you push a cart around and hand pick your own items, right? I can count on one hand the times I've actually needed customer service at a grocery store and it's been on the rare occasion that I've ordered a cake, party platter, special order, etc. and even those times you can order it online or over the phone and simply pick it up without much human interaction (unless they screw it up, which Publix does regularly with my online deli orders). Because to me, I want as little interaction as possible - it slows me down from getting in and out of there as efficiently as possible.

The only difference I have noticed at Publix vs. many other grocery chains is that when you're pushing your cart through the aisles or checking out employees will ask "How are you doing today?" or "Can I help you find anything?"......well, no. I've been here 1,000 times I know exactly where everything is.

I don't get it.
Customer Service is very broad. It can be things as simple as when I'm walking through the aisles and having the stock-guy either politely wave, move out of my way, or even just say "hello," to the cashier at least LOOKING like they're happy I'm there.
Compare this to, say, Walmart, where the stockers won't budge when you're trying to get an item near them, won't look at you, and if they do, it's often an unwelcoming snarl. The cash registers are mostly closed, the lines are incredibly long and slow, and the cashiers all (generally) look like they hate life.

I don't much care for any chit-chat when I'm grocery-shopping, but seeing workers who seem at least somewhat happy that I'm there and not elsewhere can make for a more welcoming experience.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Customer Service is very broad. It can be things as simple as when I'm walking through the aisles and having the stock-guy either politely wave, move out of my way, or even just say "hello," to the cashier at least LOOKING like they're happy I'm there.
Compare this to, say, Walmart, where the stockers won't budge when you're trying to get an item near them, won't look at you, and if they do, it's often an unwelcoming snarl. The cash registers are mostly closed, the lines are incredibly long and slow, and the cashiers all (generally) look like they hate life.

I don't much care for any chit-chat when I'm grocery-shopping, but seeing workers who seem at least somewhat happy that I'm there and not elsewhere can make for a more welcoming experience.
That's fair. You mention Wal-Mart....their grocery chain is bliss for me in that respect. I don't have to interact with anyone there if I choose not to. You're right, they rarely say "hello" and they have a dozen self-checkouts (great when they are working, not so great when they are not).

Although just a few weeks ago someone in the Publix checkout at my local store actually SNEEZED straight into all groceries after they'd been paid for. No attempt to misdirect it, block it or divert it away....straight into my food. I just shook my head and went back and exchanged everything.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:05 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Just curious - what is everyone's fixation with "customer service" at a grocery store?

For me, customer service at any type of store is having multiple check-out lanes and actually USING them.

Publix does this well.

Yes, the everyday prices at Aldi are cheaper, but they'll only have 1 of their 4 registers open. Walmart and Super Target have like 25 lanes, and will only have 4 or 5 of them open.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:40 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,414,037 times
The minute 3 shoppers are on line at ALDI another one is openned FAST and that is the NORM at all their Stores
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida