Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 04:54 PM

28 posts, read 17,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Fake news. Let me guess, you blamed both sides in the Charlottesville incident too
because both sides are to blames lib***s and you don't even know it.

and that's why I #walkedaway from the democratic party years ago.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:55 PM

28 posts, read 17,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
How are the Democrats just as bad as Trump is the king of man-made climate change deniers, and his administration is rolling back environmental regulations implemented by the Obama administration and likely even prior Republican administrations.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-reversed.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.ed38d65e6080

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...mas-water-rule

EPA staff say the Trump administration is changing their mission from protecting human health and the environment to protecting industry

Read post 203, one of many posts in this thread that details the negative impacts of the Scott administration on Florida's environment.

//www.city-data.com/forum/flori...trophe-21.html

Trump during his campaign even proposed abolishing the federal EPA.

https://grist.org/politics/why-is-tr...shing-the-epa/

The current Republican Party is more interesting in promoting the commercial exploitation of the environment than in preserving it for future generations. Fact.
I Could care less, both parties believe in one world government and neither of them care less about protecting the environment and climate change is a hoax and a scam.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:18 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theupperhand View Post

I Could care less, both parties believe in one world government and neither of them care less about protecting the environment and climate change is a hoax and a scam.
What logical person wants to argue with someone with muddled thinking and a dogmatic world view that compromises any sense of objective reality and willingness to actually think and acknowledge the obvious?

Donald Trump has you well trained. Of course, Trump is a champion among all mega-polluters, a global businessman evidently willing to sell out America and democratic values in pursuit of personal wealth and power and a prevaricator of the first order, especially when it comes to man-made climate change.

If Democrats get control of the House, let alone all of Congress, I hope they force Trump to release his certified federal income tax returns. What will you say when you see the tens of millions, let alone possibly hundreds of millions he has saved annually due to the Republican "pass-through deduction."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...s-tax-cut-bill

More money for greedy millionaires to spend on personal jets, multiple homes, yachts, etc., while ranting against displaced man-made climate change refugees.

Let's watch the uber-wealthy party as our world fades away.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:18 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
DeSantis is just going to echo his leaders voice. They don’t care about pollution. If they did why would they weaken the rules we have had on the books already. everybody knows that Republicans don’t like environmental issues. They just want big commercial business.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:39 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
because both sides are to blames lib***s and you don't even know it.

and that's why I #walkedaway from the democratic party years ago.
Yes, please keep condoning Nazis and klansmen. You probably fit right in at a trump rally

Old 09-08-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Except dems actually believe the scientists and science

Old 09-08-2018, 10:14 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Quote:
What logical person wants to argue with someone with muddled thinking and a dogmatic world view that compromises any sense of objective reality and willingness to actually think and acknowledge the obvious?

Donald Trump has you well trained.....

Why do you keep personally attacking those who disagree with you? Like I said, do they teach you at some sort of online training of liberal drones on how to attack those dissenting? What was your lecture yesterday -- Saul Alinsky, page 74?

You have been rambling on and on for pages, keep posting links to other useful idiots advancing same old, same old political scam, cloaked in BS science. Same old, iron-fisted central Govt tyranny, but now with a new lipstick. Go to the political forum and peddle your diatribe there.

Quote:
Yes, please keep condoning Nazis and klansmen. You probably fit right in at a trump rally
Hey, what's wrong? Why aren't you in lockstep with General Commisary -- Obama, when he said yesterday -- no name calling. It is a waste of time for me to explain to you that both -- Nazi and Clansmen were left-wing.

Quote:
Except dems actually believe the scientists and science
It's probably easier for me to sell you 14 Brooklyn bridges than Democrats base anything on science. LOL.

Old 09-09-2018, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post

It's probably easier for me to sell you 14 Brooklyn bridges than Democrats base anything on science. LOL.
You think the Republicans win in science?? And you wonder why people attack your blatant falsehoods? Brett kavanaugh publicly admitted this week not understanding how oral contraceptives work from a scientific standpoint.

Just quit while you're behind

Old 09-09-2018, 02:14 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Why do you keep personally attacking those who disagree with you? Like I said, do they teach you at some sort of online training of liberal drones on how to attack those dissenting? What was your lecture yesterday -- Saul Alinsky, page 74?

You have been rambling on and on for pages, keep posting links to other useful idiots advancing same old, same old political scam, cloaked in BS science. Same old, iron-fisted central Govt tyranny, but now with a new lipstick. Go to the political forum and peddle your diatribe there.
I refuse to believe that the majority of humans are eager to plunge over a cliff to their own extinction led by greedy individuals who deny science and a general hope for a better future, among the best qualities of the human species.

You and your fellow man-made climate change deniers are either among the most ignorant human beings, or consciously determined obfuscators and prevaricators. Accurate, substantiated labeling is not the baseless name-calling that so delights you and the other Trumpies of the world.

The reality is that you and your fellow advocates for mindless pollution refuse to acknowledge empirical evidence of impending doom even as it is increasingly obvious to most individuals.

E.g., do you deny that Florida will face massive ocean flooding by the end of this century and even much sooner (such as in Miami Beach and low-lying areas of Miami even today) as the result of mankind's continued reliance on burning fossil fuels? Don't you think that we should attempt to engage in our best efforts to ameliorate the deteriorating situation?

Do you deny that the oceans are becoming warmer and more acidic and thereby threatening a massive source of human protein, even as this reality is well substantiated?

https://www.pmel.noaa.gov/co2/story/...ther+shellfish

It's perfidious that you label climate change scientists, among our society's best and brightest, as "liberal drones" as if you and others of your ilk were conservatives. Conservatives attempt to conserve, and foremost among the those things that need conserving is the environment. Yet you and other delusional, self-branded victims of reasoned opposition, continue shamelessly to advocate for and rationalize the ongoing destruction of our environment.

My contempt for this mindset of determined ignorance and destruction is profound and unrelenting.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:46 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Good article on coastal flooding. See especially the chart titled "U.S. High-Tide Flooding and Sea Level (1920-2017)," based on NOAA data.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/0...high-tide-risk

Here's the federal report that was the source of the article:

<<The projected increase in high tide flooding in 2018 may be as much as 60 percent higher across U.S. coastlines as compared to typical flooding about 20 years ago, according to NOAA scientists. >>

Coastal communities saw record number of high tide flooding days last year | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

See Figure 4 here for flood outlook for Miami Beach:

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/monitoring...e_Flooding.pdf

This report should be monitored annually, if it isn't discontinued by the Trump administration.
Not to agree or disagree but can anyone find, from a scientific point of view, a problem with the quoted language, highlighted and colorized above?

Last edited by kokonutty; 09-09-2018 at 11:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida