Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 11:59 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times

Advertisements

I will say this is one of the reasons why I like Florida.

Looking at the current results...

Governor: 49.6% vs 49.2%
Senate: 50.1% vs 49.9%

I definitely don't want a state that is only one party whether Democrat or Republican. Florida's split-ness keeps it sane believe it or not. It's not perfect, but at least it's not Oklahoma or California.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:13 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Agreed Beemer. The more gridlocked Government is, the less harm they can do to the rest of us.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:58 PM

110 posts, read 94,269 times
Florida is a Red State Period, what do you call a State with Republican super majorities in the State's senate,house and supreme court? + no Democrat Governor in over 20 years?, there is no "splitness" in FL, it is a Republican red state.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoLiberal View Post
Florida is a Red State Period, what do you call a State with Republican super majorities in the State's senate,house and supreme court? + no Democrat Governor in over 20 years?, there is no "splitness" in FL, it is a Republican red state.
uhhh, they are conducting a recount of 3 statewide elections right now since 3 races are w/in .25 if One percent. This clearly shows a demographic shift from years past. Next election, the Dems will have 1M more votes from prison-released felons, and by that time even more Northeasterners from states they trashed up there looking to do the same here.

This is the Republicans last hoorah. 4 more years, and then the economic destruction begins. Within 10 years, Florida will be like Detroit, New Jersey, Connecticut, Illinois, and Taxachusetts. I'm listing my home at the 8 year point when its not totally obvious yet to potential homebuyers.

If you like what those places have, but prefer better weather, be patient, its comming your way. I hope WRnative is right and the seas rise 20' and swallow them all up. I'll be in Tennessee by that time...high atop Lookout Mountain high and dry from waterworld.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:39 PM

110 posts, read 94,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Florida will be like Detroit, New Jersey, Connecticut, Illinois, and Taxachusetts. I'm listing my home at the 8 year point when its not totally obvious yet to potential homebuyers.
All of the above have better Education systems, Health Care,Higher paying jobs and Wages than FL...

Old 11-10-2018, 03:47 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,178,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I was slightly off on my previous comment about finding mail-in ballots in the trunk of a car. [although it still can happen] A teacher at a school found a box of 'provisional' ballots in a closet.
Broward is a county where the courthouse was taken over by feds because it was the place where some or all of the pipe bombs were sent from the week before the election. All mail stopped as they searched for more bombs. I read bags filled with mail in ballots ready to be delivered to the election's office got misplaced and delivered after the election so those are some of the added numbers.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:25 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,188,915 times
Forget the re-count, have a re-vote. Heavily supervised by federal officials.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Broward is a county where the courthouse was taken over by feds because it was the place where some or all of the pipe bombs were sent from the week before the election. All mail stopped as they searched for more bombs. I read bags filled with mail in ballots ready to be delivered to the election's office got misplaced and delivered after the election so those are some of the added numbers.
Now THAT is great to hear. Thanks for informing us of that. I was thinking really bad thoughts about Broward County until your post. I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions. I am grateful to you for sharing this. Why haven't we heard that on the fake news?

Old 11-10-2018, 04:35 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,188,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Wow, thanks for mentioning that. Click! Now it all falls into place. Haven't heard much about Cesar Sayoc lately. Ingenious!

Old 11-10-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoLiberal View Post
All of the above have better Education systems, Health Care,Higher paying jobs and Wages than FL...

And, much higher taxes, home prices, cost of living, and crappy weather, and people fleeing like rats off a sinking ship. I know someone in NJ who it paying $30,000 in property taxes and they cannot sell their home for $800,000. They decided to walk away from their home and let the bank take ownership. Their kids got a great education there and promptly left! Dem policy's are causing recent college grads to flee from these crappy places too. They are not stupid. They see what's happening.

Florida is a retiree/tourist destination, so retiree/tourist support doesn't require high paying jobs. We are totally okay with that. We wouldn't have it any other way. The industry we do have pollutes our stuff, so less is better. In fact, I wish big Ag and mining would leave and pollute elsewhere.

The wages in these pathetic places pay pale as compared to Silicon Valley, so thus, your Lib hellholes are laggards. Silicon Valley's kicking your butts, and the weather's much better there too.

Those places will be announcing bankrupcy soon, and will always have low wages as compard to Silicon Valley. Stay tuned. The great ponzi scheme is about to collapse. People will continue to flee high tax hellholes for Conservative low tax areas...then destroy them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida