Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 03:51 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I DID leave! I spend only the good weather months in Tampa assisting elderly relatives and managing my business. Most of the time I'm not in Tampa; but I still own lots of property in Fla and I am there enough to formulate educated opinions. Also, one doesn't have to live in Tampa to have an opinion about Tampa. And considering that I am a 4th generation Florida native, I am entitled to my opinions more than many Floridians who literally JUST GOT HERE and will not last long. Most of these newbies to Florida won't last here more than 3-5 years guaranteed. They can't take the bugs and heat. Newbies in my Tampa neighborhood are putting their homes on the market all the time.

Lakeland is nice, albeit even more boring than Tampa.
I am 3rd generation native. And for me, boring is more than all right. I'll take that any day over traffic, garbage, congestion, noise, etc. Can always visit for a dose of "other stuff."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2023, 08:28 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,090,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
The 650k purchase price was nearly 3 years ago so it appreciated nicely. Also it isn't exactly near the base...just used that as landmark. It's closer to Qudoba, Target etc.

Either way Tampa is dumpy and full of chain restaurants - pretty disappointing honestly. I do find the people to be a bit nicer though.
Which part of South Florida are you in? Miami is the perfect example of Extremes. Talk about some dumpy neighborhoods. With you comments I believe you are in some remote gated community of Palm Beach and or Broward. Anyways stats run against your opinion. South Florida is not getting more influx of the new population of Florida.

Last edited by cjairo191; 02-16-2023 at 09:23 AM..

Old 02-16-2023, 08:40 AM

92 posts, read 75,816 times
Quote:
The 650k purchase price was nearly 3 years ago so it appreciated nicely. Also it isn't exactly near the base...just used that as landmark. It's closer to Qudoba, Target etc.

Either way Tampa is dumpy and full of chain restaurants - pretty disappointing honestly. I do find the people to be a bit nicer though.
I travel for work. The chain restaurants and strip malls pretty much look the same no matter where you go. Same retailers too.

Old 02-16-2023, 12:34 PM

634 posts, read 405,926 times
Good guess, gated community in Palm Beach, but certainly not remote…what part of South Florida is remote aside from 50 miles west of I-95 where practically no one lives?

Miami isn’t a good example to use due to the fact it has the highest of the highs in the state in regards to amenities, entertainment, transportation etc…Tampa is mid at best.

Also, you claim South Florida isn’t getting the influx of new Florida residents and personally I’m thrilled it’s cost prohibitive to move down here, I’d rather keep the quality of resident high. Although it seems like these lists are moving targets, it appears there’s pushback on your claims:

https://florida-invest.com/en/uncate...-de-logements/

https://www.redfin.com/blog/fastest-...es-in-florida/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Which part of South Florida are you in? Miami is the perfect example of Extremes. Talk about some dumpy neighborhoods. With you comments I believe you are in some remote gated community of Palm Beach and or Broward. Anyways stats run against your opinion. South Florida is not getting more influx of the new population of Florida.

Old 02-16-2023, 02:27 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
it appears there’s pushback on your claims:
Doral, which is literally Miami, is #1 on the list....fastest growing in all of Florida

Old 02-16-2023, 02:50 PM

16 posts, read 13,395 times
Well this thread went off the rails lol.

I assume you'll find nice neighborhoods and crap ones anywhere, and I figure the strip malls and chain everything is the same everywhere, it is 'murica after all. And I don't care about restaurants.

And yeah I know there will be a lot of retirees here - more business for the PT world! That's why I asked about the fitness culture. I don't need 10 million young people, I just need some cool fitness focused people and meet me a cute girl!

I'm also gonna check ot some of the Miami area towns now!

Old 02-16-2023, 03:53 PM

634 posts, read 405,926 times
Miami = 1/3rd of South Florida. My point exactly, am I in the twilight zone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Doral, which is literally Miami, is #1 on the list....fastest growing in all of Florida

Old 02-17-2023, 08:34 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times
Honestly I find it sad that people overlook Tallahassee. It's got a growing economy and lots of jobs, It also gets a taste of 4 seasons great universities, and actual hills and trees. Its a beautiful city.

Old 02-17-2023, 09:26 AM

16 posts, read 13,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
Honestly I find it sad that people overlook Tallahassee. It's got a growing economy and lots of jobs, It also gets a taste of 4 seasons great universities, and actual hills and trees. Its a beautiful city.
Please tell me more! I've heard of it but don't know much about it other than being a college town.

Old 02-17-2023, 09:55 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times
Well it's the most educated city in the state. Home to FSU, FAMU, TCC,. It's the state capital and its full of parks, greenways, live oak trees and beautiful hills.

You should check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida