Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:33 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times

Advertisements

Yes, thank you so much, Danielle. I was looking for that info, but couldn't find the right spot for Fla. citizens.

Floridabound, I love the positive attitude of your eight year old.

Redwing, Palm tree things for the house? I've definitely got to check that one out.

Well, it looks like the car will be full since we're all bringing our families and our pets. Should be a nice trip. I hope everyone likes pizza
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 11:10 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Yes, thank you so much, Danielle. I was looking for that info, but couldn't find the right spot for Fla. citizens.

Redwing, Palm tree things for the house? I've definitely got to check that one out.

Well, it looks like the car will be full since we're all bringing our families and our pets. Should be a nice trip. I hope everyone likes pizza

Jammie, Thank you!
She cries every single time we go over the state line into Georgia on our way home, hasn't failed yet and she has been there at the least 2 times every year since she was born. It's a happy cry though because she knows we will be back.

By the way, she collects sand from each beach we visit, we have a clear glass jar collection in our FLORIDA Room, we have a den that is decorated with palm trees, ocean waves, shells etc. The jars are marked when and where we collected the sand.

Her favorite sand colors/variances are from Destin, Siesta Keys and Ft. Lauderdale.

It is amazing to she the color and texture variance of the sand from each beach!

She has a very special nickname "Sunshine" given to her by her late Grandfather when she came back from WDW and the beach when she was 3 years old, he called her that because he said her smile looks like the Florida Sunshine and she will not shut up about Florida, he asked us "is that all she talks about?"

Sadly he passed away the very next day after calling her that.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
FLbound. wow! You're springing for gas AND food? This could get expensive! Anyway, Ohio isn't quite on our way, but since it's you, we'll take the scenic route and pick you and mini-FLbound up.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:28 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
I too really like this positive thread.

OK, I made a decision. By the end of this week..........I'LL BE BACK IN FLORIDA.......yippee!!!

My youngest son had a car accident last month and totaled one of our cars. I found another one that I'm buying, but it will not be ready for another week or so. I had hoped to take that one down to florida. The boys are off school this week.

The only other vehicle we own that will comfortably seat the four of us is our faithful van, a well maintained minivan that has 217,000 miles, but no rust or anything. I was a bit leery about taking it 1200 miles each way.

the family has voted. 3 to 1. They say, "Dad, the van is fine. It runs great. Let's just GO! "

I said ok. I suppose there is always a risk of a breakdown whatever you drive. I have AAA. Life is not without risk. It is cold here. I'm going.

With my last going to collage in a few months, there will be a limited amount of times we will be able to do this in the future. The boys have been so supportive in our decision to buy this house, they want to see it. I can't wait.

Frank D.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:30 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
I thought of some more things I like about Florida:

All the little anole lizards running around. They are so cool and cute!
I live on a small lake and there are SO many really cool birds that are out there each day (like cranes and such).
I also love Tijuana Flats!

Oh...and my new favorite store since moving here is Bealls. I absolutely LOVE that store, it's filled with palm tree things for the house, tropical style clothing, etc. I love that store!
Oh isn't that the best store (Bealls). I have to drive down to the Keys almost or to Sunny Isles for one but whenever we drive someplace that has one.....I'm in there! Last November we went to Indian Rocks Beach for a week. They have so many Bealls in the area. I found out too though that there's Bealls Outlet and Bealls Department Store. Not the same thing but they each have great stuff! It's a good thing I don't have any right close by.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:32 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
I too really like this positive thread.

OK, I made a decision. By the end of this week..........I'LL BE BACK IN FLORIDA.......yippee!!!

My youngest son had a car accident last month and totaled one of our cars. I found another one that I'm buying, but it will not be ready for another week or so. I had hoped to take that one down to florida. The boys are off school this week.

The only other vehicle we own that will comfortably seat the four of us is our faithful van, a well maintained minivan that has 217,000 miles, but no rust or anything. I was a bit leery about taking it 1200 miles each way.

the family has voted. 3 to 1. They say, "Dad, the van is fine. It runs great. Let's just GO! "

I said ok. I suppose there is always a risk of a breakdown whatever you drive. I have AAA. Life is not without risk. It is cold here. I'm going.

With my last going to collage in a few months, there will be a limited amount of times we will be able to do this in the future. The boys have been so supportive in our decision to buy this house, they want to see it. I can't wait.

Frank D.

You go get in that van Mr. or a horse and buggy if you have to, but COME ON DOWN!!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 07:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hey, Frank...pick us up on the way???

Old 04-08-2007, 07:56 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Thanks to Jammie and Danielle for the info. I think those websites can be very confusing.

I have to say that not having cold and snow on Christmas Day did not bother me. I thought it would, but it didn't. The first Christmas that I was in Florida I was completely by myself, however, walking outside and seeing flowers was very cool! I really liked it, and I had nine Christmases in Florida, and I didn't miss being up north. Of course, the weather at that time of year is REALLY nice.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:06 AM

Here is Christmas in florida.....a friend of mine and I found this in front of one of the houses in The Plantation....

Frank D.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 AM

Regarding stores, my wife LOVED "Old time Pottery" in Orlando.
It was an amazing store with great prices.
I endured 2.5 hours there and was $150 poorer when I left. It is a mecca for women.

Seriously, we got great deals on pottery and fake plants that we really needed to decorate the Florida house.

Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida