Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:31 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb321 View Post
Having lived on Long Island and commuting to NYC - you have sunshine but its damn cold. People hibernate from October through April. Yes you get some nice days sprinkled in but for the most part life sucks.
I hibernate from Mid-May through November and sometimes into December to get away from the heat here in Florida, that 6.5 months at least if not longer. Neither place is perfect.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:32 PM

202 posts, read 538,997 times
It always amazes me how vicious and unhappy people on these forums.

If someone is happy - they must be lying.

Sorry I enjoy my life.
I love where I live and most of my family visit a couple times of years. They have tried to move down here but have trouble transferring jobs or have other financial obligations.

Off to bed Moderator cut: .. need to get ready for another boating weekend and backyard bbq's - nothing new - hahahahahahaha.

Last edited by Keeper; 06-04-2009 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: please.. don't be rude

Old 06-03-2009, 08:34 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,399,547 times
I agree, your body adjusts over time. Once you've experienced this, you can never go back to snow and ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Everyone is different but I love the weather here in Florida, I don't miss snow at all. Its pretty, I can look at a picture of snow and thats enough.
When you live here, your body adjusts to the warmth. 90 degree weather is not the usual in my area, it might spike that high but when the afternoon rain comes, the temperature outside goes WAY down.

Frankly I would rather face the possibility of hurricanes then the certainty of the relentless cold weather of the NorthEast.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 PM

I don't understand it either. They think we're making it up that we like it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb321 View Post
It always amazes me how vicious and unhappy people on these forums.

If someone is happy - they must be lying.

Sorry I enjoy my life.
I love where I live and most of my family visit a couple times of years. They have tried to move down here but have trouble transferring jobs or have other financial obligations.

Off to bed little children, need to get ready for another boating weekend and backyard bbq's - nothing new - hahahahahahaha.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:40 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
I wonder if its just people that have lived in one type of climate for a long time, long for the opposite climate. Because I know many people that grew up in Florida that moved north for cooler weather. And on here its just the opposite Northeners moving south for warmer weather? Obviously there are people in both climates that love it, for instance a friend of mine would never move to Florida she loves her 20F or less winters.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:40 PM

793 posts, read 2,524,163 times
Apple calm down maybe Florida isn't in your future, living in New York City isn’t in others.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:44 PM

Maybe so, but I don't feel trapped inside here. I still go out, even when it's hot. The problem up north is the driving conditions in the winter are terrible. Here, you might just have to drive in some rain. I like fall weather also, but I feel that we have a fall here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I wonder if its just people that have lived in one type of climate for a long time, long for the opposite climate. Because I know many people that grew up in Florida that moved north for cooler weather. And on here its just the opposite Northeners moving south for warmer weather?

Old 06-03-2009, 08:46 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,049 times
Just once, I would like a paradise transplant admit that maybe, just maybe, there are people who actually LIKE the 4 seasons (yes, cold and SNOW) and could care less about year round summer, fishing, swimming, bla, bla, bla. There just might be millions of people who would not want to move to Florida.

One person. There has to ONE person.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:50 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,634,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
The people who move to Florida ALL seem to think, even ones from the same place as us, that there is 9 months of WINTER, To them there are only two seasons; SUMMER and WINTER.
Just as the OP, you and others think that Florida is 9 months in the 90's.

I think this has been mentioned before but there is a thing called personal preference. For someone from NY to come to the Florida forum trolling about weather is just silly.

You like cooler weather, some like warmer weather.

Who is wrong?

What is really silly is someone just saying weather in Florida as if it is all the same. The distance from the southern tip of Florida to the northern edge is longer distance than from NYC to Ottowa, ON. Do you think there might be a difference in weather from south to north Florida?

Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,826,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
Maybe so, but I don't feel trapped inside here. I still go out, even when it's hot. The problem up north is the driving conditions in the winter are terrible. Here, you might just have to drive in some rain. I like fall weather also, but I feel that we have a fall here.
The one genuine angels watching over me moment I've had in my life involved me hitting a patch of ice on I-96, spinning 720 degrees across traffic,and then not only not hitting anything but also ending with my car still on the road and pointing in the direction that I want to go.

And I spent 10 years living in a house with a furnace that was too small and parents who set the thermostat to 58F in the kitchen, which meant that my bedroom in winter was about 50F. I used to layer like I was out camping and still wake up in the middle of the night shaking because I was so cold. Those times seem to have left me unusually sensitive to cold temperatures. I still easily get the shakes and cold hands and feet when I'm in a place where they crank up the air conditioning too high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida