Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 AM

458 posts, read 598,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
My mom says she would never retire to Florida. Ever.

My dad did, and wants out.

Both have tons of money. They are 72 and 73.

I guess that shoots the "everyone wants to retire to Florida" theory right out of the water.
Same thing we have found up here. There is no flood of retiring boomers or rich Europeans coming to save Florida's overpriced real estate.

Build some $100,000-175,000 townhouses in a safe area, people will buy those. But all these single family houses on the market today for $350,000-750,000....there is very little market for them, even if people could get financing.

Cut those prices in half, then maybe they will sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 07:22 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
Gee, I guess it depends on who you're talking to from up north. My brother is in the process of house hunting in Florida, the people who bought our house in New England have just sold and are on their way down here, and last winter when we were visiting New Hampshire, everyone we encountered was pretty envious that we live in Florida.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:42 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Gee, I guess it depends on who you're talking to from up north. My brother is in the process of house hunting in Florida, the people who bought our house in New England have just sold and are on their way down here, and last winter when we were visiting New Hampshire, everyone we encountered was pretty envious that we live in Florida.
I guess what has changed is the reasoning. Most came here because it was to downsize their lives and less expensive, (cheap actually) and enjoy the weather. That is not the case anymore, only those who can afford it can move here now.

It is no longer the place you come to stretch your dollars, it eats them up and in many cases faster then you can make them.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:53 AM

6 posts, read 28,857 times
Default This is so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
I'm learning is that many agents ARE NOT answering their phones! It's as simple as that! We've heard several of these complaints and have experienced them ourselves. What is up with that? A potential buyer is at the front door w/a sales agent and listing agent does not answer the phone!
I am currently trying to find a home in Lakeland and many of the real estate agents I have approached haven't even got back to me. What is it with them? I am from the UK and I am visiting central Florida tomorrow with a non US company because they were the ones that actually replied. Luckily the person showing me around is from the States so hopefully they will be able to advise me on neighbourhoods.

For those of you trying to sell try to make sure that calls are being answered from potential buyers.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:59 AM

13 posts, read 55,618 times
There are buyers out there bottom fishing. Drop the price & it will sell.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:41 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,904,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Thats what we need is more people from New England. If Florida is the place for them that would be great! South Florida is a great place if you don't like the cold

Old 09-04-2007, 04:00 PM

20 posts, read 60,778 times
where to ,north ? I hope I can sell in the spring move to Tennesse. I hope to just come out even . florida brought this on themself letting taxes and inc. get of hand I had no clames and still got me inc. dubbled.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:36 PM

5 posts, read 13,727 times
Default most Floridians are political dysfunctional

What most posters fail to grasp is the big picture

While people complain about the superficial issues ... taxes, insurance, jobs

they remain oblivious to the core problems

The USA as a nation is in the process of being erased by the New World Order (NWO) and a global police state established.

Treason is rampant in all the major institutions in the USA as it was on 09/11/01 ...

while most of the american people remain politically oblivious

The NWO already has a secret world government but that is in the process of becoming officialized. The creation of the NAU (combining mexico, canada and USA) is the first step.

Elections have been fixed in the USA for a long time so the NWO people get elected.

The US political parties are nothing but covert US intelligence fronts. Similar situation exists in mexico and canada.

Media is virtually all controlled by the US government/intelligence so all you get dispensed with is disinformation and propaganda. News essentially gets created.

There is severe political dysfunction among the overwhelming part of the population.

Core problems that need to be addressed is:

a) rampant treason (fifth column removed)
b) crimes against humanity ( a long list)
c) controlled media (they covered up the treason on 911)
d) rigged financial markets by government and insiders
e) fixed elections
f) fiat money system ( get rid of federal reserve )
g( secrecy ( needs to be mostly abolished)
h) releasing advanced free energy technology (energy becomes dirt cheap and clean)
i) stop creating artificial oil shortages
j) home school ( get rid of public schooling and state brainwashing)
k) use secret weather technology to take out hurricanes
l) develop program where person gives for instance maybe 3 or so years of labor in return for a m) house with no mortgage. do some with transportation, maybe do to anti-gravity technology.
n) government lends money to banks and banks charge you interest
o) no interest on basic needs such as shelter, transportation, food etc
p) remove covert NWO/military programs that create death, disability and sickness that create q) high cost medical system
r) remove GM foods and other toxicities in foos
s) remove fluoridization of water
t) stop vaccinations ( and you will stop autism, infant sudden death, chronic disability)
u) most crime is articially created by enacting laws against drug use (ironically americans turn a blind eye to the biggest drug traffickers, namely their own government)
v) bring back the repubublic and a persons constitutional rights
w) abolish all torture

the biggest economic myth that people are brainwashed with is - economic shortages are real

economic shortages especially oil are artificially created by the government/elites

what will addressing the above problems do ...

it will create a world of economic abundance and a healthy population

taxes in florida will drastically drop as would fuel, food and medical.

housing and transportation costs would disappear

it will virtually eliminate all poverty and welfare programs along with most crime

(your average floridian helps feed the crime problem by blindly supporting un needed laws)

the major problem most people would face would be what to do with all that spear time since very little work would be needed after a person established their basics necessities

unless people wake up, most of them and their childrens future will remain nothing but a NWO slave

Old 09-04-2007, 05:39 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
I have my tinfoil hat on already.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:13 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,009 times
Not everything is black and white and can be explained by 'conspiracies'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida